Beth Bergmann, Home Buyer in Kew Gardens, Queens,...

Does anyone have experience buying a one family home in Kew Gardens that does not have a C of O?

Asked by Beth Bergmann, Kew Gardens, Queens, NY Tue Jul 30, 2013

House was built in 1915 but obvious, undocumented, alterations have been made. Seller is looking to contract an architect/expeditor to solve the issue. Looking to close with escrow held over until C of O is delivered. Is this a common situation?

Discuss with your attorney; escrow can be held until c/o is delivered...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 30, 2013
Houses built before 1938 did not require a C of O. If there are a lot of alterations or add on's to the property it may cause some delays with the mortgage process so you are probably right in getting the DOB involved. This is common enough so don't panic.
Thanks Anna, to be more specific, I am looking for anyone who has actually entered into a similar contract for a home purchase and had a C of O successfully delivered post closing. I've read mostly horror stories and would love to speak with someone who has had a different experience. The seller has been amenable to our concerns so I think we are off to a pretty good start. Any and all advice or personal reflections are greatly appreciated.