Home Buying in Queen Creek>Question Details

Sandee Sprag…,  in Port Orchard, WA

Does anyone have any recommendation of areas to find a good deal on a newer home in a golf community that we can use as a vacation home?

Asked by Sandee Sprague McColm, Port Orchard, WA Thu Apr 7, 2011

We noticed that there were a lot of very reasonably priced properties in Johnson Ranch as well as the San Tan Valley area...the prices seem to be very reasonable...is there something wrong with the area? We are looking to buy something under $100K are these communities our only options or are there other areas to consider?

Answers

10
Johnson Ranch is a Great area. I would recommend the area to anyone. This area is growing fast. Not only is this community on a golf course but they also have 4 community pools. There is also a community called The Villages of Queen Creek. They to are on a golf course and has a community pool.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 23, 2012
Have you been to Tucson, Arizona?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 8, 2011
Hi Sandee:

Yes I do. This is one of the least expensive golf course lot homes in the Phoenix metro area. The home is right in the middle of the fairway. To see the bank owned home at 29301 N YELLOW BEE DR in San Tan Valley for $109K: http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?u74dl7bz2jt,12,1

Jeff Masich
Arizona Homes and Land
HomeSmart Realty
Scottsdale
Web Reference: http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
Are you looking specifically in the Valley area or would you perhaps have an interest in something in the High Country of Arizona. There are some wonderful values in the White Mountains right now, much cooler in the summer too. If I can help with that possibility, let me know.
Check out Encanterra by Shea Homes & Trilogy. Beautiful Golf Course and the clubhouse is amazing!!!
Hi Sandee,
There are 2 neighborhoods in the Queen Creek/San Tan Valley area that are built up around golf courses and have homes in your price range. Both are considered desirable, but for different reasons. They are Johnson Ranch, and the Villages of Queen Creek.
There are pretty huge differences between them as The Villages is part of the Town of Queen Creek, has city services and is considered very desirable in your price range. It is also part of Maricopa County which encompasses the major Phoenix metro area. It’s tough to find nice homes there in that price range so you have to move fast when you see them. There really aren’t walking trails in there, but that neighborhood has the conveniences of being right in Town and the Queen Creek Wash has a wonderful trail to walk which backs up to the Villages. This is a fairly nice sized community/neighborhood with about 1700 homes.

Johnson Ranch is about 10 miles outside of Town in an AREA called San Tan Valley. There are no city services and it is a part of Pinal County. It is a very large community of about 6000 homes. Your pricing goals are probably more easily accomplished out there. It is a wonderful community full of walking/biking trails and paths, as well as 3 community pools(one heated) so that you can use them all year as well as a nice golf course and community center.
I live, work and volunteer here and would be honored to interview for the job of helping you.
All the best!
Hi Sandee
This area was built for the most part during the boom and it was verry over built. So when the values started to drop Queen Creek & San Tan Valley was hit realy hard. Alot of the homes are at 25% of original sales prices, and well under construction costs. Most of the homes are under 10 years old so we have an ideal situation for investors that wont rentals. We are on the outter edge of the valley and as you get closer to Mesa & Pheonix the prices go up, and the homes get older. I hope this helps Charlie Rasmussen DPR Realty charlierasmussen@gmail.com
Like the other agents stated below, there are many homes in Johnson Ranch that has GREAT veiws and a wonderful golf course. I am a agent out in QC and have lived here for 7 years. I am very familiar with the area. There are lots of areas near many courses, so if you would like personal care in find the right property please call me today and we can start looking and I can show you the different homes in the different areas that will be a good fit.

Rebecca Kalhoff
Realtor with Desert 2 Mountain Realty
480-275-9566
Sandee

The area of Queen Creek/San Tan Valley has a handful of golf communities that might work under $100,000. Johnson Ranch would be one of the quality communities to consider.

Johnson Ranch offers 3 community pools (one heated n the winter), tennis courts and other greenbelt play areas. The golf course is public and very enjoyable to play with some mountain elevated tees on the back 9.

The Villages would be another community to consider, 18 holes of public golf. Closer in than Johnson Ranch. It has one community pool next to the club house.

Another area would be Anthem, it is a little further out than Johnson Ranch. Anthem also has a great 18 hole golf course and a large pool with water slides etc.

Johnson Ranch and Anthem have adult areas if that is something you would prefer.

The above would be the areas I typically show buyer looking to invest under $100,000 in the southeast valley.

The area is a long commute to the job centers and was heavily hit by the market swing the last few years. A great area for a 2nd home as jobs and freeways are both planned for the future. The jobs and freeways should bring appreciation in the future.

Would be glad to answer other questions you have.
Web Reference: http://www.McVinua.com
Yes, check out Alderbrook Golf coarse accessible by the North Shore Road. I noticed that there were many foreclosures and short sales of homes that are even on the greens. This is going to bring down prices of comparibles considerable. I have a client turned friend over the years that just stole one located at 31 Jack Pine Drive in Union Wa. If I can answer any questions of provide more information, you can reach me at (360) 981-8615 or steven.harkness@wjbradley.com or my webpage at http://steveharkness.com
Web Reference: http://steveharkness.com