Does anyone have any insight on the Centria complex on 1101 South Main Street in Milpitas?

Asked by H, Bay Area, CA Mon May 12, 2008

Is this a good place/location to buy? Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

6
Matteo’s answer
Matteo, Home Buyer, Milpitas, CA
Fri May 16, 2008
I move in next week. You will barely hear exteral sounds through these double pane windows. When I opened the window for my walkthrough I could tell a huge difference. Why don't you visit the property and hear for yourself?

I've looked at other new condo communities (not in Milpitas) but this actually used higher quality materials than other places for comparable prices. For me, it was either this or an overpriced fixer upper elsewhere. I ended up using their lender to get down payment and closing cost assistance plus one year free HOA. I couldn't pass that deal up.

The HOA is on the higher end but you have to factor that in to your budget. It ranges from ~350 to 500 depending on the unit size you are looking for.

If you are serious about purchasing then we should sync up and I would split the $5000 referal fee with you per http://www.drhorton.com/corp/GetPromotions.do?dv=Y9 … $2500 is worth the hour drive for me to show up.
Barbgrcar, Home Buyer, Santa Barbara, CA
Fri Jul 8, 2016
I've lived in complexes that had gates to the garage and it didn't stop crime. Criminals get in one way or another. You can't leave stuff in your car and if you have expensive wheels get locking lug nuts.
Matteo, Home Buyer, Milpitas, CA
Tue May 20, 2008
There is no gate for the parking garage. But I always assume that my car insurance covers anything so I didn't care (but thats just me). I'm sure you can make this request to the HOA but would require sufficient funds and approval. So don't count on it, and buy this place assuming there will be no gate in the future.

From what I was told, the parking garage is structured so that people that bought on the 4th floor get parking spaces on the 4th floor (99% of the time). I'm on the first floor with my parking on the first level. The sales folks even stated this during a previous walk through. But its always good to re-confirm this prior to choosing a place. They have already preallocated the parking spaces for each unit so should be able to tell you.
H, Home Buyer, Bay Area, CA
Tue May 20, 2008
Thank you for your answer Matteo. I just talked to someone about the parking situation here and they mentioned that there is no gate to the parking garage. This sounds like a security risk; however, is this something that we can request the HOA to put in at a later time?

Also, that person noted that sometime one might have to park far away from their unit, i.e. they live on the 4th floor but was assigned a space on the first floor ... that's quite inconvenient ...
H, Home Buyer, Bay Area, CA
Fri May 16, 2008
Thank you for all who answered thus far! Does anyone else know about this complex? My main concern is the nearby railroad. I'm not sure how often the trains go by or how much noise they make. Although the double pane windows might handle some of that noise pollution ...
Johnny On The…, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Mon May 12, 2008
Oh god is this place horrid.
I saw it and did not like the cramped feeling, shotty workmanship, and the hotel feel.
Having to walk down the corridor to your home a la hotel style is just weird.
And the parking structure is built into the middle of the building with OPEN ACCESS TO EVERYONE!
Did I mention the HOA is about $500!!!??!!!?? WTFBBQ????