Home Buying in Menlo Park>Question Details

Aneeta, Home Buyer in Menlo Park, CA

Does anyone have any feedback on Morgan Lane Homes in menlo Park. I was told by a realtor that the area is risky. Any thoughts?

Asked by Aneeta, Menlo Park, CA Fri Jun 4, 2010

Dan Chase’s answer
Marcy Moyers profile is below. Click on it, then look for "contact me" Click on that, an email box opens. You type in what you wish, click send and the contact is made.

Hi Aneeta,

Follow the link I included in my post and click on Marcy's picture. That will take you to her profile where you will see various options by which you can contact her.

The Morgan Lane area is fine.
It is only blocks from the Menlo Park Civic Center including police, library, Burgess Gym and Burgess Park.
If you are looking to buy in Menlo Park, I would suggest you work with an agent who knows Menlo Park.
The Morgan Lane area is not risky.
Yes the lots are smaller but it is all a function of price.
There are many of these devleopments in Menlo Park now.
A lot in the county area west Menlo Park maybe 6000sf is worth maybe $1M to $1.2M.
A lot in west MP 1/4 acre is worth $1.5M.
So yes Morgan Lane has small lots but the price reflects the smaller lots.
I would say buying new construction is always a good idea.
Let me know if I can help.
Hi Marcy
Thanks so much for your response.

The realtor was commenting on the Morgan Lane homes (by Taylor Morrison) in specific. She said the homes in the development have been difficult to sell, and from an investment perspective may not be great because the neighborhood (planned community which is atypical for menlo) . Any thoughts on this?

Linfield Oaks is a fantastic neighborhood!!! It is close to Burgess Park, downtown Palo Alto, and downtown Menlo Park. Homes are selling quickly there. I recently isted a home on East Creek that listed for $1,200,000 and sold for $1,295,000 with 5 offers. The house on the corner of Willow and East Creek listed for $1,250,000 and sold for $1,310,000 with 3 offers. It is a popular neighborhood as evidenced by the recent appreciation and number of buyers making offers. Why did that realtor say it was risky?

Marcy Moyer
DRE 01191194
Web Reference: http://www.marcymoyer.com
Hi Emily, How do I respond to Mary Moyer's post who responded to my duplicate post.
Thanks for your help!
Hi Aneeta,

Your question was duplicated on our site. You can thus find an additional answer to your inquiry at the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Actually I am sorry not to be clear, when they said it was risky, they meant from an investment perspective. They said that the builders have not been able to sell all the inventory and therefore purchasing in this area may not be a safe investment. I basically wanted to get thoughts on what people think of the homes, good value? Safe Investment?
Hi Aneeta,

You might check with the police dept. to see if the Morgan Lane area is considered "risky". Here is their website, http://www.menloparkpolice.com/. You can also check the crime statistics too.
Web Reference: http://www.jefftung.net