Does anyone have any experience with the NACA Program. We have been working with the office in Newark, NJ for over 6 months now.

Asked by Searching, 08081 Wed Sep 26, 2012

We are really concerned b/c we have been finding things appearing on our credit AND someone from Newark walked into a bank and withdrew $1500 total from our bank account ~ which we got back but now our guy at NACA no longer works there and we are supposed to be getting another agent. Is this program real or a scam???

Answers

2
Daniel Alvarez’s answer
Daniel Alvar…, Agent, Weehawken, NJ
Sat Oct 6, 2012
I just referred a client into NACA with the hopes that both her and her daughter will soon be able to purchase a property together just 3 years after her home was foreclosed.

I really hope that your experience at this branch is just an isolated incident. NACA itself is not a scam, however, i'm not so sure about this Newark office. Last i recall the newark admins were fond of this shady contractor that overcharged for every job and did "OK" work at best. Oh yeah: he also scammed some old guy that i knew out of $200,000.

Back in 2008, I attended a workshop, just months after becoming a licensed agent. I remember being horrified as one of their preferred agents took to the stage and rambled on about time is money and to not waste her time "window shopping" and that they better be prepared to buy when she shows them properties. I'm pretty sure i wasn't on peyote or any other hallucinogenic when i heard all of that. It was freaking bizarre.

We'll see how it goes at this Brooklyn workshop. I'm hoping that there is at least one person from that office that is trying to root out these problems. Let the CEO know about your experience. I'm sure he'll be none too pleased with it. Maybe some heads will roll and you'll get the type of service one would expect from a non-profit, HUD approved counseling agency.

Please provide an update on how things are rolling along. How long did it take you to qualify to purchase?
Marsha Bowen…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Sep 26, 2012
NACA is legit as far as I know. As far as fees, I'm not aware that they charge any fees for foreclosure counseling unless this has recently changed. If you are a first time home buyer seeking a mortgage, there will likely be fees involved.