Does anyone have any comments, negative or positive, about living in the Walden Three complex in Guilford CT?

Asked by Lynnette, 06510 Wed Aug 12, 2009

Answers

3
Ssk2, , Guilford, CT
Mon Sep 7, 2009
I have lived here for 13 years. If you are looking for a unit- look for updated windows as the original ones leak air like crazy and the screens let in the bugs. New windows solve those problems.

Also be careful about comparing previous sales prices- the units are not all the same- even if you break it down to price per sq. ft - a few of us have put a lot of money into our condos -overhauling kitchens, new rugs bathroom improvements, while others have left them as they were when built in 1979.

The pool is great- very well maintained - very clean. the tennis court has had recent improvements, the setting is lovely. The neighbors are friendly but not nosy -very quiet. New roofs in past few years- still a few more to do around the mail box area- a lot of work has been done to hot water heaters recently. In last few years the association has spent a great deal of money doing the usual 30 year upgrade to systems etc- like any home after 30 years stuff needs replacing. The Association is well managed by Margolis Management company and by a board of residents.
Peterson Real…, , Guilford, CT
Thu Mar 11, 2010
Lynette: I lived in Walden Three a few years ago, and I have sold many units there. It is a very quiet complex, not many children, and most clients I know like living there. Residents are old to young.

The negative is the garages are not attached, and some locations require a long walk.
I hope this is helpful.
Nancy Peterson
Sandy DiLieto, Agent, Guilford, CT
Wed Jan 27, 2010
I am a Realtor and have sold in this complex. It is well managed and maintained. The residents are very nice.Good location. It is a quiet and they do not allow dogs. The pool is wonderful. They buy their heating oil in bulk to keep the cost down. Everyone I placed there loves it. There are a few different floor plans. Some of the larger units have basements. The down side is most of the units do not have a basement for storage and the garages are detached. Landscaping is minimal and tired.
I am a fan of this complex.
I