Does anyone have an opinion on Sienna Plantation vs Shadow Creek?

Asked by bfairtx, Houston, TX Sat Aug 10, 2013

Answers

6
Monique Rich, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
A few years back I use to work for a builder called Parkstone in Sienna Plantation and I loved the energy in that area. There are lots of things to do along Hwy 6, they have a new College in Sienna Plantation, with new shopping centers and in my opinion is a bit more developed than Shadow Creek in Pearland. Pearland is developing very nice, and adding more shopping places, especially with the new eateries such as Steak and Shake and Carl's Jr., however, what are your needs, what do you want in a community? Since Shadow Creek is close to 288, it's a closer commute. Sienna Plantation is a bit of a drive down from hwy59/I69 or you'd have to use the Ft Bend Tollway or Sam Houston Tollway depending on what part of the city you work in or desire to be in, and again this is just based on my experience and opinion. Have an awesome day!
Heather Mack…, Agent, Richmond, TX
Sun Aug 11, 2013
Sienna Plantation
Total Acreage: 10,500 acres
Commercial Acreage Available: 418 acres
Current Commercial Retailers:
•HEB
•Wells Fargo
•CVS
•Houston Community College
Total # of Homes when completed including Luxury Multifamily Homes: 20,000 homes
Home Price Range: $100s to the $millions+
Amenities:
•18 hole golf course
•36 parks and playgrounds
•Amphitheater
•160-acre Camp Sienna Sports Complex
•The largest private adventure waterpark in Texas
•Day care facilities
•Churches
Fort Bend ISD Schools 5 public 1 private
daycares and preschools
Fort Bend public library
Shopping and Restaurants

Shadow Creek Ranch is a 3,500-acre lake themed master planned community south of Houston in
Pearland, Texas offering new homes from $200s to $800s
•700 acres of greenbelts and community parks
•300 acres of glistening lakes
•1/3 of the homesites will be waterfront and a majority will have clear lake views.
•A 22-mile hike and bike network
• 2 school districts Alvin ISD and Fort Bend ISD 6 school sites on 115 acres
•Town Center with shopping and dining
•Corporate Campus
•Hospital
•Day care facilities
•Churches

Both communities have many amenities. There is a difference in Homeowners Insurance. I believe most insurance companies do not write a regular homeowners policy for Pearland.Your mortgage company may require more hail and windstorm coverage in Pearland. My clients found coverage from Jaafar Ahmadi theagentnextdoor@statefarm.com 281) 357-9999. There is also a difference in the schools. Use this link for more school info. Click on the detail on each page. http://www.har.com/schoolzone/
A lot of people in both communities love their neighborhood. I think all communities have a personality. Drive through at different times of the day and week. Shop in the area and see if it feels right for you. There are pros and cons to everything. Let me know if I can be of help Heather MacKinnon 832-964-5619 hmackinnon@remax.net
Gary Lee, Agent, Katy, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Both communities have their very distinctive differences. sienna has a more country feel and look due to it's Proximity. Shadow Creek has been developed as a master planned community that has the schools, pools and nearby shopping. Both communities need to be explored and compared for your preference
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
They are both very nice!

Sienna Plantation is a bit further out, but features more trees, a golf course and higher priced homes. Easy access to Galleria area via the Ft. Bend Toll Road. Ft. Bend schools are very good.

Shadow Creek is split by two school districts. Many are concerned with a land fill, but you will never see it or even know where it is...a non-issue. A bit more "formal" feel with lakes, play areas and pools. Closer towards town with easy access to Hwy 288 and the Medical Center. Much more shopping, restaurants and entertainment close by.

Both communities are selling very well. Not much inventory at the moment. If you would like me to build a custom web portal so you can keep an eye on inventory in both communities, let me know.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Six of one ... depends on where you want to be near.
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Rosemarie Fu…, Agent, Pearland, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
They both have their good points. Shadow Creek Ranch is in Pearland and is convenient to downtown. Sienna is also beautiful a little further drive to the shopping but easy to get to the Fort Bend toll way.