Home Buying in Fuquay Varina>Question Details

mmorgan78, Home Buyer in Clayton, NC

Does anyone have an opinion about the quality of construction on the homes in the Alston Ridge Community by Centex?

Asked by mmorgan78, Clayton, NC Mon Jan 28, 2013

We were really excited about a few of the homes there but now some people have warned us that they do not have the best reputation.

Answers

8
Centex ranks as "low average" among national production builders. That siad they offer good value for the price.

Hope this helps.
Actually Sheri's answer is right, you can also check with the local courts to see if there have been any lawsuits against this company
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2013
Are you working with a buyers agent? They can share that kind of information with you. If you don't have a buyers agent you should because the on-site agent works for the seller/builder to get them the best terms and price possible. A buyers agent can help you determine if the price they are asking is worth it for the product they are offering. Feel free to contact me here through Trullia for more information on the builder and the neighborhood if you are not currently working with a buyers agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2013
I do have an agent. She has provided me with feedback on the builder but I was hoping to get some feedback from past/current owners of Centex homes.
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013
I think any builder that does a lot of volume will have some unhappy customers, but I also think that most builders would not still be in business, especially with the marketed in 2008/2009 if their product was terrible. They use average finishes from what I can see, but the price point is affordable. I always advise a buyer to do a pre-drywall inspection with a home inspector (the guy I use is a licensed residential and commercial contractor too), a home inspection when it's finished and a 1 year inspection after close date.
Another Company screw up in North Carolina PSC Homes or Wake Forest homes they don't even have a license GC in NC try to open HOA every-ware and screw up good communities. Nobody care about it .
90 % new houses build with OSB walls /floor and shingles on the roof (JUNK MATERIALS ) New construction do NOT reinforce corners that why houses ruin when wind blow ... Contractors use framing nail gun and nails do NOT hold strong house framing ....80 % houses in NC have mold potentials because bed R value and OSB materials . If you want to know more about ? Give me a call .
Raleigh Cabinets and Remodeling . NC Builder Association do not care ....City of Raleigh DO NOT care ... Using "new regulations from City of Raleigh Building Department " (on new construction builders ruin your house from a day ONE because City of Raleigh give you a Power to your house before final inspection ..... Enjoy bend over! You can buy a house between 15 - 20 years old (on the hill )or build your own using good materials NOT 2x4 and OSB ...
I have sold a number of centex home and my first home was Centex. Seem like good value for the money.
not sure what your looking for but we just built with drees homes down the street in maggie run. i know there are lots still open and they do have a few built already as well. We are very happy with their work