Does anyone have advice on neighborhoods for a young family in Dublin and the surrounding areas?

Asked by M G, Bridgewater, NJ Mon Jan 7, 2013

We are relocating to CA from the East Coast

Answers

7
Michael Koen…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Hi Mareli,
As mentioned by other agents, there are a number of good neighborhoods for you and your family in the local area. The 3 primary cities that immediately surround Dublin which will probably be your focus: Livermore, Pleasanton, San Ramon.

Speaking in very general terms:

Livermore has a bit of a 'country' feel. It's at the far edge of the bay area, has a nice downtown area with lots of family activities. Actually has an annual Rodeo!

Dublin is a bit more compressed, with allot of newer construction and shopping areas. It has 2 BART stations (the Bay Area 'subway'). Smallest of the 4 local towns.

San Ramon also has quite a bit of new construction. Very good schools in general. Chevron makes it's headquarters here and is the city's biggest employer.

Pleasanton has had the least amount of new construction over the past few years. However, home prices have probably been the most stable as a result (most newer recent construction in the $1.2M+ range). Pleasanton shares the same 2 BART stations as Dublin.

There's a vast variety of neighborhoods within these cities, but that's way to much to post here ;)
More than likely, your home purchase decision is going to come down to budget, proximity to your work and local schools. That's quite a formula.

When you're ready, give me a call to get started. I'll walk you through the process from A to Z and answer all your question along the way!
Michael Koenig
(510) 681-3499
Michael@CalPacBrokers.com
Web Reference:  http://www.CalPacBrokers.com
Moxley Team, Agent, pleasanton, CA
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Sounds like schools are going to be something very important since you have a young family. I would also encourage you to think about things like commute, time it takes to get to stores and how close parks are to your home. Livermore, Pleasanton & Dublin are all great cities, but it comes down to pricing and things you as a family find important. Each city will have different pros and cons. to them and having a better idea of what you as a family find important will make my job of locating a neighborhood and home easier for you and us. If you would like to talk more about the differences between the cities within the Tri-Valley, please do not hesitate to connect with us.

Moxley Team
925.600.0990
http://www.MoxleyTeam.com
MoxleyTeam@apr.com
Web Reference:  http://www.moxleyteam.com
Your Solar R…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Mon Jan 7, 2013
View market insider at website add you zip code and see the free data.
Sally Blaze, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Dear Mareli:

Thanks for asking this question. Ramon seems to have given you lots of ideas in his answer below. I also agree that it is important to drive around the areas to see what appeals to you. If you have a real estate agent to work with, put him / her to work...have them drive you around and provide school information, demographics, etc.

There are also other nearby cities to consider: Castro Valley, Livermore, Danville. Each of these areas have wonderful neighborhoods with young families.

Welcome to California!

Sally Blaze
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Jan 7, 2013
We lived there, on Hyde Court, for 15 years, while our son graduated from Dublin High.
It was a great place to live, and I wish we hadn't moved.
Close to everything, and close to BART for those that aren't close.
Go for it!
Ramon Concep…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Mon Jan 7, 2013
For neighborhoods, it depends on what your price point to purchase is. Also my advice, since you're not from the area, best thing to do is drive around the area and see what appeals to you. The first thing anyone buys is the neighborhood. So once you've identified the neighborhood you want to purchase a new home in, finding a home to buy becomes a lot easier.

For Dublin
$400,000-$500,000 - Village, Central Dublin and Echo Park (Mostly single family homes built in the 60s). Great area for beginning young families, most schools are within walking distance, and shopping is close by. Access to Public Transportation and Freeway access is close by for commuters.
$500,000+ - Silvergate, Dublin Hills, Dublin Ranch, West Dublin (Homes built between 80s-2000s)

Surrounding Areas

San Ramon
$550,000 - Central San Ramon (Homes built in the 60s-80s)
$650,000+ - Twin Creeks, Gale Ranch, Windemere, Inverness Park (Homes built in the 70s-2000s)

Pleasanton
$550,000-$600,000 - Valley Trails, Val Vista, Fairlands (homes built in the 60s-80s)
$600,000+ - Mohr Park, Ponderosa Village, Country Faire, Vintage Hills, Highland Oaks, Forest Hill Estates (Homes built in the 70s-90s)

I grew up in the area, so feel free to ask me anything you'd like to know about Dublin, San Ramon, or Pleasanton.

Ramon Concepcion
REALTOR, SFR
Better Homes and Gardens Tri-Valley Realty
(925) 480-7183
DRE#01888274
Rebecca Rook, Agent, Danville, CA
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Hi Mareli,

There's Emerald park where I take my kids during the summer and a local farmer's market on the weekends. The houses in that area are beautiful and the community has a lot of children. Is there anything specific you would like to know ?

Kindly,

Rebecca Rook
Rrook@c21mm.com
925-549-0314
DRE 01909914