Does anyone else notice the housing market changing? The last 3 offers I've put in for clients had multiple offers on them and they weren't

Asked by Margaret Hassani, Tampa, FL Tue Nov 8, 2011

REO's.

Answers

11
brad jenkins, Agent, Hudson, FL
Tue Nov 22, 2011
I do not mean to rain on any ones parade, but there are still a lot of foreclosure homes that have yet to hit the market. Not to mention there are a lot more homes that will be in foreclosure in the very near future. In my opinion we have not hit bottom just yet. I would not be comfortable advising my clients that the market has suddenly gotten better. I would love to be wrong however.
Melissa Mart…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Wed Nov 9, 2011
I have seen the same in the Tampa Bay area. Inventory is low and the houses that are in good condition and priced well are getting multiple offers. I have also started to see sales prices go up slightly in areas like South Tampa, Downtown, Westchase, Carrollwood, waterfront homes in St. Pete, etc. It's exciting for sellers but frustrating for buyers.

Melissa Martinez
RE/MAX ACR Elite Group
813-690-3260
Jen Babacan, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Absolutely! Here in South Florida, people are snatching up whatever they can on or near the beach. It used to be that folks were asking for a 2bed/2bath condo on the beach for $150,000, now they are going up to $300,000 because there is not much out there for less money. We are definitely in an upswing mode!
Jen Babacan
Galleria International Realty
jenbabacan@live.com
Cell (954) 648-7334
Jim Simms, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Louisville, KY
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Same here, you will also see a spike in demand when interest rates start to go up. I have seen that happen many times, odd.
Steven Pahl, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
With the declining inventory, the homes that are well maintained and price well will get multiple offers.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Same here.
Declining inventory creates a bit more buyer urgency.
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Agree with prices inching up slowly, specially in the below 75k market in Osceola county. But the thing i have noticed, which is a bad trend is amount of deals not going thru because of the low appraisals. That has killed several deals in the last 3 months.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Ray And Karen…, Agent, Mount Dora, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Hi Margaret!

Every market is different.

We have experienced a 25% reduction in inventory in our local market,

This is helping to support price points in our area.

A few multiple offers have taken place in the past 60 days.

Ray Levy
Coldwell Banker - Camelot Realty - Mount Dora, FL
352-978-8551
Husam Amin, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Yes Margaret, the same thing has been happenning to me especially in the below 200K category in some specific areas. So to those clients who thought the market was going to continue to decline, i think they missed the boat.
Husam Amin
People's Choice Realty
Lisa Reeves, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Yes if people are looking for a deal they may have lost their chance. Prices have started going up slightly in south tampa.
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Tue Nov 8, 2011
here in Ft Myers, things are looking up also. My last 2 listings were "regular" sales and both were under contract within a month or less for very close to asking which in both cases was top of the market in those communities. people are still wanting those houses under 50k, but they are becoming few and far between.