Does anybody have any information on the Richmond Country Club homes. Hop is the area. Safe? Good deal?

Asked by Angel Hernandez, Walnut Creek, CA Fri Feb 29, 2008

Answers

4
Rozy’s answer
Rozy, Home Buyer, Richmond, VA
Fri Feb 29, 2008
Have lived in Country Club Homes for 3 years now. It's fine. It's not Shangrala or anything, every neighborhood has it's problems. But generally, the people or nice. The neighborhood is quiet. Lots of families. Safe enough. I like it because of the wonderful views, the diversity and it's centrally located. However, if you frighten easily, are looking for a "no crime" - keep my doors unlocked - situation and what top rated schools . . . then this is not the community for you. 1. A good education CAN be had in this area, you just have to stay on your toes, and be proactive at your school. 2. As in any metropolitan area there is crime here, this is not the lily-white suburbs, it is much more urban with "big city" situations and activities. 3. People who frighten easily don't do well here . . . you will hear about things about things happening a mere 10 or 15 blocks from your location. You can't let that phase you. Much of the crime you hear talked about on TV is within a 10 block radius in an area called the (IRON TRIANGLE). It looks close on the map, but the problems rarely leave that area.

If you want to know more about the Country Club Vista area go to http://www.94806.net - the blogger there is very informative about the area. Hope this helps.
Web Reference:  http://www.94806.net
Praisehm8, Home Buyer, San Pablo, CA
Wed Oct 31, 2012
I have lived in the Country Club area for 7 years and love it. This area is next to the golf course and some homes have a water view. We have a large park for kids and really nice play areas throughout. My neighbors are nice and our area is quiet. Hope that answers your question.
Glenn, Home Seller, San Pablo, CA
Fri Oct 24, 2008
If you are planning to buy a home here....you should have a good agent that will really work for you...there is a group of house flippers who are trying to muscle their way in here....scaring people who are in the brink of foreclosure to short sale their houses...2 of my neighbors with in five houses away were driven out of their homes. Buying homes 200 G's below market value and spend 10 G's to fix it. Then sell it again making 100 G's easy if have 20% to put down. I suggest you get a piece of the cake
Daniel Ripper, Agent,
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Richmond Country Club...newer subvision, gorgeous homes, close to all amenities. Generally safe, but like Rozy said, every neighborhood has its pros and cons.