Does Trulia give home estimates?

Asked by Onewordmelco, Los Angeles County, CA Tue Oct 29, 2013

Answers

11
Darren Sharp, Agent, Yorba Linda, CA
Thu May 15, 2014
Trulia and Zillow do give estimates, however are not considered very reliable. I am Certified Residential Appraiser and a Realtor in Yorba Linda and I have appraised over 6,000 properties. Please contact me if you have any questions related to understanding what your home is worth, market conditions, or considering purchasing a home.
Kind Regards,
Darren Sharp
Realtor/Apprasier
Prudential California Realty
714-928-5822
Darren.sharp@mailpcr.com
Ann Urias, Agent, tustin, CA
Tue Nov 12, 2013
Trulia gives a wide range estimate and usually is not very accurate. You should contact a Realtor for a free current market analysis of your home. I am available at 714 588 7676 thanks Ann
Sabrina All…, Agent, Yorba Linda, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
I would be more than happy to give you a home estimate . A Home value is compared to other homes in the area that have recently sold or are pending. We take into account upgrades, square footage, lot size, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. A home, that has been upgraded, will be higher than one that isn't. Position of the house also is taken into account, is it off a main road or tucked I to a community. Is it near freeways? There are so many variables that a good agent will take all that into consideration . Let me know if I can assist in any way. No obligation what so ever. I also have a real estate radio show that airs every Thursday from 5-6pm. You can always call in and ask any questions , live on the air. For more details, contact me. Thanks
Mahesh Patel, Agent, Anaheim Hills, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
It depends what an estimate is to you.
Most of these sites average out the solds in the area and give you average price of similar homes...

and most of them are off anyways...

to get a more accurate estimate of a particular home, best to get an appraisal or contact a Realtor...
Mike
Cyndi Mino, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
You can get an estimated value thru Trulia but we agents can give you a more comprehensive and up to date valuation of the home you have, or are interested in. If you would like to see the comps on your home, or a home you are interested in, just let me know.
Web Reference:  http://www.cyndimino.com
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Hi onewordmelco,

Yes, and no.

There are three primary ways a property gets valued; Trulia is using an "AVM"; please see the following blog post for more details:

“Zillow & Darts” http://tinyurl.com/chgarwb

-Steve
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Trulia will generate a random number and lable it 'estimated value' for addresses that are not in any for sale status. These homes may have a google street view displayed. These homes may be accompanied by verbage that makes some believe they are for sale at the displayed value. Many have lead lives of quiet. some not so quiet, desparation, as the result of relying on ENTERTAINMENT sites to make real estate decisons.
-
If you want to know the value, you need to pay to have this done or call those who help buyers and seller buy dozens of homes every year. There will be a few LA agents responding who will provide their telephone number. If you are serious, you know what to do.

Best of success to you.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Move to the front of the line. FIrst Look Homes (http://FirstLookHomes.us)
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
No they do not. And the trulia estimate along with zillow estimates are never right.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Bill Taraschi, Agent, Yorba Linda, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Trulia uses data to provide value estimates for residential real estate values. Those of us in the business (we have been in the business since 2002) know that Trulia themselves say they need to do a better job with more accurate home values. It is far more important to drive the neighborhood and get a good assessment of the location and exterior condition. These are super important details beyond just statistically crunching numbers to determine a property's value. If you want the most accurate numbers, you must go beyond what Trulia does to provide estimates of property values.
Joe Van Foss…, Agent, Fullerton, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Trulia has estimates, but they're not usually very accurate. If you have a question on home values, I'd be happy to assist.

Joe Van Fossen
(714) 584-7154
joe.vanfossen@gmail.com
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Homes estimates are just wild guesses as to value based on some ideas a computer has. They can't be correct so using or looking at them is nothing more than a novelty. You have to go see a property to value it.