Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

JamesN, Home Buyer in Hurst, TX

Does HUD have to award Good Neighbor Next Door homes?

Asked by JamesN, Hurst, TX Thu Mar 21, 2013

I recently submitted a bid on a Good Neighbor Next Door (GNND) lottery home. We were soon told that we didn't get it, but now, a few weeks later, the home is still on the regular market and hasn't been awarded to anyone! What's the deal? Do they actually award any of these houses? Can anyone shed some light on this?

James N

Answers

3
JamesN’s answer
If you're going to bother with a reply, details will do much more for your professional image than long-winded, rambling self-promotion and google-baiting. People aren't so dumb that they can't tell the difference.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 22, 2013
Answer (apparently): It seems that the home is not making it through the financing/inspection phase. It has since been removed and re-listed twice.
Hi James,

The short answer is: YES. They do award GNND homes thru the lottery process. I'm unaware of why this particular home was not awarded (as of yet). I would be happy to help research this for you if you wish.