Does Delray have nicer young 55 developments than Boca and/or Boynton?

Asked by Wendy, Florida Thu May 14, 2009

Answers

6
Scott Miller, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Hi Wendy. All 3 towns have lots to choose from in this market. Prices are way down from 3-5 years ago. The actual building quality and/or amenities, or what you refer to as 'nicer', definitely varies from community to community.

Keep in mind that there's LOTS to do in Boca Raton, downtown, beaches, etc. There's LOTS to do in Delray Beach, especially downtown/East Delray, it's BOOMING. There's very little to do in Boynton Beach, no downtown, no city-center, no beach. I know that they're all close in proximity to one another, but I am pointing out to you specifically what each town has to offer you above and beyond your community development.

GOOD LUCK!

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
I Smith, Home Buyer, Toronto, ON
Fri Aug 6, 2010
I love the Delray/Boynton area. What you get is the Boca lifestyle and spitting distance to Boca, but at a lower price point and HOA. My personal experience also is that the mindset of people is much more down to earth in Delray/Boynton than in Boca. This is not meant as a sweeping generalization, just my experience.
Marilyn Farb…, Agent, BOYNTON BEACH, FL
Sat May 23, 2009
Boca has some pretty, newer young 55 developments such as Boca Isles, Boca Falls, The Shores, Saturnia, and many others depending on what is available for purchase with your criteria (# bedrooms, price range, et al). These newer communities are in West Boca... east Boca has been built out for many years now. However, east Boca has very nice communities with sizable lots, e.g. in Palm Beach Farms, east of I-95 south of Palmetto. Schools in Boca Raton are ALL A-Rated, surely something to think about as a priority if you have school age children, or if you are considering resale in the future. If you email me your criteria ( marilynfjacobs@gmail.com ) I'll look at all three cities and send you available properties matching your criteria, and descriptions of the communities. For descriptions and pix of many communities in all three cities, see http://www.MarilynJacobs.com and click on the home page red tab on the left that says EXPLORE THE AREA. It takes a while to come up as there is a huge amount of info on this site about communities in the Palm Beach County and Broward County areas. Happy to be of help. Regards, MARILYN JACOBS, Realtor, ePRO, Keller WIlliams Realty Services. 561-988-0070.
Web Reference:  http://www.MarilynJacobs.com
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Thu May 14, 2009
Hi Wendy,

I agree with David that the communities in Boca tend to be older Country Club communities which many people are shying away from at this time. If you are not an avid golfer or tennis player (meaning you want to play golf/tennis every day), then the communities in Western Boynton may be more what you are looking for.

In places like Valencia, Cascades, Tivoli, Mizner Falls you'll have nice newer communities without the expense of a membership fee. These communities are active, with plenty of activities to participate in, depending on what you like to do.

There are many homes to choose from, and some of the deals are really good right now.

Give me a call and let me know more about what you are looking for and I'll help you find it.

Nadine Mauro
Regency Realty Services
561-414-0864
NadineMauroRE@yahoo.com
David A Podg…, Agent, Boynton Beach, FL
Thu May 14, 2009
I don't agree at all with Ms. Wigley

Boynton Beach is where the newer communities are. The Over 55 communities in Boca Raton are typically 1970-80's builds... Boynton Beach has current and ongoing construction

but it is more about LIFESTYLE.. Boca Raton and Delray Beach are more known for their country clubs - something that over 55/active adults are shying away from right now due to the costs of memberships, equities and service fees.

Yes...Boca is manicured but the Coalition of Boynton Western Residential Associations (COBWRA) is very active in keeping West Boynton Beautiful which is where most of the over 55 communities are.

There are people that can't see past Boca when they're thinking of South Palm Beach County - but then there are PLENTY of people leaving Boca every day for new construction, lower taxes and more suburban living.

http://themortgagegotoguy.com/palm-beach-county-communities/… is a list of all the over 55 communities in Boynton...what you'll find is an ACTIVE lifestyle full of social opportunities as opposed to a Country club lifestyle...

please don't hesitate to call me and I'll show you a little of both so you can SEE the difference.

David Podgursky
Boca Executive Realty
Broker-Associate
561-504-6949 c
dp@bocaexecutive.com
Mrs. Wigley, , Boca Raton, FL
Thu May 14, 2009
Actually it 's your preference and judgement. Boca is known and has a great reputation for upkeep and beauty, Delray and Boynton are second in line when compared. I've been a license realtor for 11 years here in Boca and most people prefer Boca over the other too. Keep this in mind, the prices are great right now and Boca would be worth much more in the future. West Boynton and Delray has developed beautifully but from my experience property is worth much more in Boca!