Do you know the best way to make a great offer on a home?

Asked by Tony Anderson, Littleton, CO Mon Jul 16, 2012

Answers

9
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Sun Oct 28, 2012
When a buyer has a buyer's agent working on their behalf, he/she can check the comparables sales on the area and came out with a great price for the property. When submitting the offer, add the pre-approval letter and copy of the earnest deposit.

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Kimberly Ryan, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Mon Feb 17, 2014
I write:
"clean" offers
over asking price~not an obvious amount over like $1000...more like $1350 for example
Increase earnest money
Provide proof of funds
FULL loan approval vs a lender "letter"
and...establish an excellent rapport with the other agent so he/she knows that they are dealing with a professional and experienced agent....me!
Jan Baer, Agent, Littleton, CO
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Have an experienced REALTOR help you with Comps, CMA, and make an offer which is fair market value for the home location, size and condition of the property. Please call me 303-931-5853
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Sat Nov 17, 2012
Tony,

Have your Buyer's Agent do this:

1. Do a CMA to assess the market value.
2. Assess the climate in the area. Average days on market for similar homes.
3. Write an offer according to the figures and market activity. (Hot or Cold market)
4. Keep it simple and clean, without any unnecessary froth or indicators of a 'problem buyer'.
5. Tighten the dates and do the quickest closing the lender will allow.
6. Attach a 'pre-approval' letter from an established lender.
7. Offer the Earnest Money requested if it is not an unreasonable amount. (approx 1% of price)
8. In Denver a 'low-ball' offer is never a smart move with the low inventory and serious competition.
9. Write a personal note about the buyer's character and interest in the home and neighborhood.
10. In tight situations on an under priced home you may add in the seller paid closing costs.

Contact me to find and write a great offer that will be accepted by an earnest home seller.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
David & Maria…, Agent, Littleton, CO
Tue Nov 13, 2012
Agree with all of this, plus try to make a good offer amount. The higher the better.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Oct 28, 2012
1. submit a written offer with an appropriate deposit amount

2. present a proof of funds or pre-approval letter with your offer

3. minimize or eliminate contingencies

4. an aggressive closing date
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Sat Oct 27, 2012
Yes, do your homework! A great offer is one that makes both buyer and seller feel that they have come out ahead, and the transaction can proceed without any hard feelings. That's why Realtors are the best buffer zone between parties to help navigate the waters of negotiations and create an atmosphere that the transaction can be closed in harmony! Best, Terry Bell, CPS RE Santa Rosa, CA
Lonnie Gless…, , Littleton, CO
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Tony, my clients would tell you to get pre-approved for your mortgage with a great local lender and give them permission to write a detailed strong pre-approval letter for you. This means potentially disclosing your credit score, debt to income ratios, job history, extra cash in the bank that tells the Listing Agent and seller that you are a very qualified buyer. However, not many lenders and probably no bank will write this strong pre-approval letter for you, so ask in advance about this.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Why yes I do...............