Do townhomes typically allow large dogs?

Asked by catwoman_VL, Santa Fe Springs, CA Sun Jun 16, 2013

I am considering buying a town home is norwalk/Santa Fe Spring California area.I'm leaning towards a townhome because it is much more affordable, but I don't want to give up my large dog. Another concern I have is how easily would it be to rent it out later? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Answers

3
Alex Montelo…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Its going to boil down to the CC&R's and Regulations set forth by the HOA. Typically, in Town Homes I have experienced owners to be allowed to have large dogs. Condos on the other hand... the general rule is that you should be able to pick up the dog and hold it in the elevator. That is usually the measure by which you can get away with. It is hard to determine the actual weight of a dog by looking at it. Good luck.

Let me know if I can be of service to you.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
DRE Lic#01456982
Jorge Granad…, Agent, Whittier, CA
Thu Jun 20, 2013
I have represented a few buyers looking at townhomes in the Santa Fe Springs and have found them to typically be dog friendly. That being said, during your inspection period (if you are under contract) you should pay close attention to the CC&R's issued by the HOA to see if their are any restrictions or limitations when it comes to pets. Also, have your agent make all attempts to receive specific information regarding your pet concerns if you believe the information you are receiving is vague in nature and may leave room for you to have issues in the future.
Keith Jean-P…, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Depends on the community, you would need to call the association to be certain.