Do most Luxury Golf and Country Club communites in Palm Beach gardens require equity memberships?

Asked by Lynn Byrd, Jupiter, FL Tue May 8, 2012

Yes they do. You could live in lovely Abacoa in Jupiter and other non gated communites though that do not require equity memberships and play on one of the many gorgeous golf courses in the Jupiter area. We are know for all of our golf courses!

Answers

3
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Fri May 11, 2012
Dear Lynn,

It certainly depends on what you consider "luxury" but most will have an equity bond required. All of the private club communities are struggling with how to attract well-healed younger members. From the multi-million dollar renovation going on this summer at Admiral's Cove to dropping the required memberships at clubs like the Ritz Carlton (soon to not be the Ritz) and Old Palm the thinking caps are on trying to come up with practical ideas to bring the "green" back in to golf course communities.

Those who do purchase in club communities are typically doing it for much more than the golf and municipal courses are a total different animal. Those working with the right agent can negotiate some amazing deals as inventories in this market segment tend to be very high. Take a look at The Loxahatchee Club where there are currently 18 active listings on the MLS and only one sale registered over the past 12 months. With a 216 month inventory you can bet there are some motivated sellers out there and Loxahatchee is an awesome club with a strong membership. But finding the 40 and 50 somethings to fall in line ready to pay equity fees up to $175,000 is proving difficult.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Jeff Egizio, Agent, North Palm Beach, FL
Tue May 8, 2012
Not all do. There are a few in the area that don't. Let me know what you are looking to do and I will be glad to help.

Jeff Egizio
Golf Community Specialist
Boca Executive Realty-Juno Beach
561.339.0730 - Direct
561.544.3810 - Office
888.424.3879 - Fax
JeffEgizio@BocaExecutive.com
http://www.BocaExecutive.com
skype: jeff.egizio
MARSHALL REI…, , Jupiter, FL
Tue May 8, 2012
I have found that they all require some sort of either golf or social membership as a requirement to own there.