Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ

Do many Trulians belong to real estate investment groups? Do you learn valuable info or is it hype?

Asked by Deborah Madey, Brick, NJ Sun Oct 21, 2007

Answers

4
Ruthless, , 60558
Sun Oct 21, 2007
I attended one and was impressed by exactly what Ed was saying, networking like the Chamber or Rotary. I've attended lots of the Hype presentations and learn a lot. The problem is that you don't know the truth from the con game (as Jim informed me). But if you trust but verify, it is very worth your time. Give it a try.

Even a MLM company is positive if it makes you happy for getting the support that you wouldn't get otherwise. I don't think you can make money with most MLM situations but isn't the time you invest better than the time going to a depressing support group that will just bring you down?
Ruth
#1, , San Francisco Bay Area
Sun Oct 21, 2007
A real estate investment group is a "networking" group. Like your local chamber or Rotary or Lions.

If you circulate, you perculate.

Savy investors "know" the movers and shakers in real estate in their area and if you happen to attend an investment group meeting, you are merely a new face in the humongus croud.

However... if you happen to start the investment group... and you already have a following... you might have a chance at a deal or two.

"Food for thought..."
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Mon Oct 22, 2007
It is a good place to bounce ideas off...except in New Orleans it involves lots of coffee, carbohydrates or misc beverages leading to an offer on a property of some sort.

In our case a group of folks together leads to action when it comes to real estate...no more time for pondering progress with 2 billion dollars of work a month for the past 6 months and into the future indefinitely happening for the first time since the days of the pirates. For us in Bayou country it is quite positive.
Web Reference:  http://iansellsnola.com
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sun Oct 21, 2007
I have had buyers come tell me some ideas they picked up from investment group meetings that seemed.....ummmm......like a really twisted version of late night paid programming TV.

I also have had clients tell me they learn a lot from their investment groups. Perhaps each group is different and some have merit. Curious to hear about experiences here from Trulians...RE Pros, Buyers, Sellers...anyone..