Home Buying in Beach Haven>Question Details

Lincroftlady, Other/Just Looking in Beach Haven, NJ

Do homes in Beach Haven West have yearly occupancy or is it a summer crowd? If I were to purchase a condo, are there year-round renters?

Asked by Lincroftlady, Beach Haven, NJ Wed Aug 11, 2010

Hi Lincroftlady,
In this economy there are many year round renters Due to the financial situation many people will be renting. As the mortgages for new homes are harder to get.(check out this link to get an idea what is planed for the future:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/2010-08-11-hou… ).
In today's real estate market there are properties that ( now this is key) will have good long term return. You will not get rich quick but it can be a solid investment . If you have cash. It is a good time to find a good home to invest in.
There are still many home in the Beach Haven West sections that are available for rentals- either weekly or monthly- We have seen an increase in year round rentals not only in the single family homes, but the condos as well.
If you are looking to purchase a condo in the Manahawkin Section,as an investements property they range from 1750.00 to 1950.00 a month- I am attaching a link to the rentals in the waterfront as well as condos

if you have any questions or wish to have me send you additional information- Please feel free to contact me

Patricia " PATTIE" Romano
REALTOR® Associate
RE/MAX At Barnegat Bay
31 North Main Street ( RT 9 )
Manahawkin,NJ 08050
Direct cell-609-312-9043
eve: 609-978-5985 - till midnight

The Romano Team
Buyers Agent-
Janis Olson
REALTOR® Associate
Good questions- Year round is happening in most of the older "summer only" spots. Beach Haven west has always had a year round crowd. With more of the seniors doing the retirement thing - I think you will see an increase in year rounders.
Purchasing now is a very good thing. In the 45 years of my doing this real estate business, I have never seen the rates this low. Who would have thought you could borrow 100 or 200 or 300,000 dollars for 30 years BELOW 5%? The selection is great.
I have my own thoughts about condo rentals vs single family rentals.
Have a cool summer.