Do homebuyers that are happy with their new neighborhood tend to want to stay longer in their new home?

Asked by Jaime Baker, Houston, TX Sun Apr 7, 2013

If anyone has stories, I would love to hear!

Answers

5
Jeannette Sp…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Jaimie
Over my many years in real estate I find it common that when a homeowner likes a neighborhood they buy up or buy down in that neighborhood. Of course that works only if a neighborhood has a broad scope of properties. Meaning can one buy their starter home And then as finances or circumstances allow move up to a larger or more upgraded home? If this is important to your client it may be a discussion to have in the forefront before they invest initially in a neighborhood.
Claire McInt…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Yes, that has been my experience. A pleasant area with good neighbors create a desire to stay put. And if the home is not large enough or needs updating the more likely that happy residents will make improvements to their current home.

As a broker, architect and builder I and my team offer a unique service to help our clients realize the home of their dreams. Whether it's a new home in a builder community or an existing home in an established neighborhood, We can help find the perfect home.

Claire McIntyre, Architect / Real Estate Broker / Builder
512 699 9912
MMI McIntyre Associates
Real Estate Brokerage
http://www.mmirealestate.com
claire@mmirealestate.com
McIntyre & McIntyre Inc
Architecture / Engineering
Project Management
http://www.mmibuildings.com
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Stats show your average home owner stays about 4.5 years in a home. If you love the neighborhood you may choose to move up to a bigger home, when you can afford more.
John Crowe, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
It's all about comfort. Neighbors, schools, access to shopping and restaurants, even the home itself bring levels of comfort. The better the feel, the longer it sticks.
Beth Wood, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Yes, I think so. From personal experience a bad neighbor can make you reconsider your living arrangement.