Do beachfront townhomes have special assessments like condos?

Asked by Ah, South Carolina Tue Jul 5, 2011

Answers

2
Mary Beth Ma…, , Surfside Beach, SC
Wed Jul 6, 2011
If you purchase a detached home that is beachfront or on or near the beach it is just like purchasing any other home. There are some beach homes that are in a HOA regime that may share a pool, maintenance, landscaping and other appointments. You could be subject to an assessment fee if the association needs the money for repairs or improvements. There are many pros and cons to each one and have your agent carefully explain the differences to you. I live and work in the Surfside Beach area and would be glad to share my knowledge with you anytime.
Web Reference:  http://www.marybethmabry.com
Christine Ho…, Agent, Surfside Beach, SC
Tue Jul 5, 2011
Ah,
Any community that has an HOA or POA Can be subject to special assessements. This is due to the need of maintenance or repairs as well as the possible increase of insurance costs. Should you deside to purchase a beachfront townhome or condo you can request the budget, minutes from the most recent board meeting, scheduled assessements ect. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me directly.
Cordially,
Christine House
843-215-6831