Do Pride Builders in Houston, TX use cheap material? Is it strange to sale a home with a little over 3000sqft for only $120,000?

Asked by Phelanr, Katy, TX Wed Aug 3, 2011

Home Builder Scams

Answers

14
robertocxc, Home Buyer, 77067
Thu Aug 16, 2012
I just want to say that they stole my earnest money watch out......
krushnanirad…, Home Buyer, Katy, TX
Tue Apr 7, 2015
we bought a house that is a double story and a little over 3000 sq ft. it's been about 5 yrs and now the entire brick slab from above our front door entrance is coming apart....even the window seal is detached from the brick wall. I have tried to contact Pride builders to get some help and also the warranty company...as of yet...no help ... no answer. I am afraid it is going to collapse and do more damage .
The ppl are not willing to help at atl !!!!!!!!!!!!

i would NEVER recommend for anyone to purchase a pride builder property !!!!
Hello, please call me to discuss. My seller has foundation issues also. There is a 10 yr warranty with StrucSure but they are playing games. We will need to make formal complaints and likely file lawsuits. This could be a class action lawsuit.

First, contact a reputable foundation company for an inspection/estimate if you haven't done this already. Allied Foundation inspected my seller's home. I suggest contacting more than one company to collect as much evidence as possible.

Have an attorney send a certified letter to Pride Builders and StrucSure addressing the claim.

I suspect we all will go to court. You have recourse.

Chyna Gragg, realtor
Champions Real Estate Group
ph. 832-758-5108
Flag Thu Oct 15, 2015
Krushnaniradha, I am so sorry you are having such a problem with the builders. Please see if you can contact someone directly in the Corporate Office and also send them a certified letter for proof, so you know that someone is looking at the problem you are facing. A good number of builders provide 10 years of structural warranty, so you should be able to get someone to help you. Also, contact the BBB - they may be able to help you resolve something.
Persis Behramsha
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Flag Thu Apr 9, 2015
Vickey Wacht…, Agent, Katy, TX
Thu Oct 31, 2013
We just had a house close in our office built by Pride. The buyer and agent were very surprised to find that overhead lighting in the bedrooms and living room was an upgrade. So since they opted for no upgrades there is no lighting, the switch is for a wall socket for lamps only. That's taking upgrades to an all new level.
roberthoffma…, Home Buyer, 77346
Wed Oct 30, 2013
i purchased a home that was built by pride builders here in the houston area we were purchasing a brand new home so we opted not to have the inspection done.we are very sorry we didnt get an inspection done.the home will be 3 years old in july , the roof is leaking you hear water dripping down inside a wall upstairs.the ceiling in the living room seems to be caving in and the driveway is broken and sinking in the center.the realtor told us they used the cheapest material they could find. we are making a list of problems to take to the builder and hopefully they will repair everything. we have been waiting for over a year for the window people to showw up now and repair the leaks in the game room. we are very upset with the quality and workmanship we see in this home
Djjoseantoni…, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Fri Jun 7, 2013
I just bought a house from pride builders and it also depends on location or the area in the deer park area it was more pricy than the sheldon area also i lowered the price becuase i didnt up grade i got carpet instead of tile and stuff like that also im a construction worker and i saw my house get built from the ground up and they did a good job
jeiss77, Home Buyer, Katy, TX
Thu May 23, 2013
I personal own a home from Pride Builders for over 5 years and so far i don't have any complains about quality. For me is a good choice
George "Loca…, , Houston, TX
Wed Aug 22, 2012
i have never heard of pride builders but i agree with you..3000sqft does sound like a lot of space for only $120,000
Richard Lueb…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Good Afternoon, I work with a lot of builders in the Katy area I would be happy to share my knowledge of the Katy are please call or email when you get a minute.

"Selling Real Estate Since 2001"
Richard Luebeck
Elite Texas Properties
12320 Barker Cypress Road
Suite 600-224
Cypress TX 77429
Cell 832-646-2886
Fax 832-201-0755
realtor_richard@yahoo.com
http://www.har.com/richardluebeck
http://www.texasrealestate.com/richardluebeck
http://www.elitetexasproperties.com
These people have problems with their current homes and you're trying to sell them a home. What nerve! I'm a realtor too but this is a nightmare. I have a seller with foundation issues and this will likely end in a class action suit.
Flag Thu Oct 15, 2015
Richard Lueb…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Sun Aug 19, 2012

"Selling Real Estate Since 2001"
Richard Luebeck
Elite Texas Properties
12320 Barker Cypress Road
Suite 600-224
Cypress TX 77429
Cell 832-646-2886
Fax 832-201-0755
realtor_richard@yahoo.com
http://www.har.com/richardluebeck
http://www.elitetexasproperties.com
Cjalex, Home Owner, Houston, TX
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Regarding the BBB comment below, keep in mind that you have to pay to be an "accredited member" of the BBB. In other words, if you don't pay, you get a poorer grade. Do the math. 21 complaints over the past 3 years. That's 21 complaints out of over 3000 homes built and closed (less than 1%). With that many homes, it is impossible to please everyone. How do you get to be one of the top 4 builders in Houston if you don't build a good home. It doesn't add up. Pride Builders is the best value for the money, period!
Vickey Wacht…, Agent, Katy, TX
Mon Oct 10, 2011
Phelanr

From what I understand Pride is able to offer a larger house at lower prices because they are the developer and builder. When land is developed for housing and then sold to builders this will increase the cost of building and that cost is passed on to the consumer. They also are selective with the design of homes, the less designs the less time and money spent in building. The finishes also will lower the final cost as well, formica instead of granite, vinyl flooring instead of tile, low end lighting instead of recessed or ceiling fans, it all adds up in the end.

If it's sq footage you need and you are willing to change out the low end for a high grade of finishes at a later time this form of building maybe just what is needed.

Dont be afraid to ask the builder how they got the house down to such a low price, I'm sure they will be very happy to explain to you.
Vickey Wacht…, Agent, Katy, TX
Mon Oct 10, 2011
Phelanr

Vanessa Mart…, Agent, Pearland, TX
Thu Aug 18, 2011
HI--

I actually worked for several new home builders in the area for years, and can tell you alot about the quality of construction. Email me if you'd like more information. Talk to you soon...

Vanessa Castillo, Realtor, TAHS
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/vcastillo
Chris Holcomb, Agent, Katy, TX
Wed Aug 17, 2011
I have had a few clients look at building with Pride Builders and have chosen to go with another builder. Check the BBB and google them and you will get more information. Please let me know if you would like help searching for a home, our service is free to the buyer.

Chris Holcomb
Century 21 Western Realty
(832) 303-0021
Chris@Team-Holcomb.com
http://www.Team-Holcomb.com
Web Reference:  http://www.Team-Holcomb.com