Do I ned flood insurance in hampton bays? why are the taxes so high?

Asked by Beth, New York, NY Sun Mar 8, 2009

Answers

5
Joanna Lane, Agent, Cutchogue, NY
Sun Mar 8, 2009
Regarding flood insurance, You might want to check the home address using FEMA's Flood Maps, which are here: http://bit.ly/rryzq . This will tell you the zone. However, even if it might appear to be in a flood zone, insurance may not be required, it varies from property to property. I know of one property in high risk AE zone in Southold where no insurance is required. House elevation is also a factor, some owners have an elevation certificate. As others have said, only an insurance agent can tell you whether or not your property must carry the flood insurance. I recommend you use a local agent as they deal with this all day every day and to that end, one person who can advise is Joe Stepnoski of Neefus Stype in Aquebogue. I have no affiliation, other than satisfied customer. The website is nsainsure (dot) com, or call joe on 631-722-3500 x 201. Hope this helps.
Irene Shmery…, , East Quogue, NY
Fri Dec 7, 2012
need to check the elevation, might need a elevation certificate. I this house on the water? Taxes are high on long island because 70 to 80 percent of the tax bills is school taxes.
J R, , New York, NY
Sun Mar 8, 2009
It depends what part of Hampton Bays you are in. Part is in the Southampton SD and part is in the Riverhead SD. The RSD taxes are higher than the SSD. You will have to check with an insurance agent to find out where you need flood insurance.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Mar 8, 2009
Beth,

Your insurance company will be able to tell you if you are in a "flood zone" and explain the benefit and cost associated with this coverage.

Many people think "flood insurance" is an expensive proposition only to find it is not as costly as they thought.

Jaishree..Ja…, Agent, Woodbury, NY
Sun Mar 8, 2009
Hi Beth,
The best thing to do is to call Insurance company and get their estimate. Good Luck...