Do I have to have proof of permanent job even if I have been working at the same company for a year or longer but Im still in a temporary position?

Asked by Jtor, 65203 Thu Mar 8, 2012

Answers

3
Dale Weir, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Thu Mar 8, 2012
It depends on the type of mortgage you are getting and the bank. There are some loans and some banks where you can get a loan with a temp job if everything else is good
Jennifer Sto…, Agent, Columbia, MO
Fri Apr 13, 2012
If you can prove that your temporary position is stable, it is possible that a lender would be willing to take the extra risk, assuming you meet all of their other income, work history, credit, and down payment requirements. I suggest to all of my customers & clients to start with their local bank first. If you desire a second opinion, I'd be happy to recommend another loan officer.

You may contact me at: 573.310.9664 or JenniferStoker@earthlink.net
Hayes Murray, Agent, Columbia, MO
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Banks are definitely lending at this point and the rates have never looked better- but gone are the days of anybody taking someone's word for it or the infamous "no doc" loans- so the answer is yes you'll have to be able to prove your employment, typically via paystubs and W2s, but the underwriter may go further still and call to check- the length of time you mentioned should be helpful in consideration of you getting a loan for sure-- and NEVER despair: there are always loans out there to be had or ways to be found to get to them- but using a responsive loan officer who gets back to you and gives you the options in plain speak makes that a ton easier- take care and good luck!