Do I have to call the agent listed on the sign in order to see that house?

Asked by Frankie Shedlock, Texarkana, TX Tue Feb 26, 2013

No you can call any agent you wish to use and they can represent you as a buyers agent. This is if the house is listed in the local MLS service.

Answers

2
Yvonne McNam…, Agent, Norton, MA
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Hi Frankie:
Please find a Buyer's Agent. They will represent you and your best interest. The Listing Agent, the one on the sign, represents and works for the Seller. My suggestion, since you are here and familiar with Trulia, click on the Find a Pro link and enter your zip code. Regardless if the listing is in MLS or not, one of these agents can help and work for you - if you choose to purchase. Hope this helps and good luck in your search.
Frankie Shed…, Agent, Texarkana, TX
Mon Jun 10, 2013
No, you can call any agent you wish. Nearly all homes are listed with the MLS system which is a co-op of licensed agents and they are a member of the MLS system to promote and work together to show any home a buyer, customer would like to see. Agents can represent you as a Buyers Agent for all properties that are not listed with the Buyers Agents company. The agent that has the sign on the property is the Sellers Agent.