Ditmars 21-38 35th Acropolis need input from neighbors is it a safe place? APT is on G floor, is there prob w rats, rochs, flooding during heavy rain?

Asked by Angie Ahmed, Manhattan Beach, Brooklyn, NY Tue Sep 18, 2012

Answers

2
Michelle, Home Buyer, Queens, NY
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Hi Angie. I often see many different types of people hanging outside the acropolis. Some people I saw were inside the gate so I assume they are residents and they were rude. I've seen a few units there before, mostly on the first floor and none of the units looked well maintained. However i did not see roaches or rats.
Nirmala Cara…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Tue Sep 18, 2012
Dear Angie,

I am an agent that works in the area. I am not sure how many of the people that live in that building is on this forum. You should have your attorney review the meeting minutes of the board to determine if any of the issues with pests, flooding, etc. is mentioned by owners that attend the meeting. If you are not working with an agent, please consider doing, you do not pay a fee to have a buyers agent represent you, unless otherwise agreed to.

You can knock on the door or even go on a Saturday or Sunday and speak to some of the people in the Courtyard or Laundry room to find out about any of these issues. In terms of issues with crime, you can stop by the local precint or speak to any of the local beat police officers. I would also advise you to walk the area during the weekend, nights, etc. to determine if the neighborhood is a good fit for you.

Nirmala Caraballo
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty / Cruz Network
92-15 Roosevelt Avenue
Jackson Heights, NY
Tel.: 646-479-7873
E-mail: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com