Differences between suburbs north of Charlotte and south - within Mecklenberg county.

Asked by Jaclyn, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY Wed Jun 25, 2014

Hi, my husband and I are interested in visiting Charlotte and checking out its suburbs for possible relocation. I've read a lot about Matthews down south and Huntersville up north. We could not afford downtown so outside of that is our goal. What are some differences between suburbs up north and south of downtown Charlotte? We would be looking for a quarter acre or more around $300-350k probably with great public schools, shopping nearby (boutiques and Target too), restaurants, etc. we love a downtown if possible or Main Street with some charm. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Answers

2
Jaclyn, Home Buyer, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY
Sun Jul 6, 2014
Thank you. We will be in touch when we visit.
Jason Thomps…, Agent, Cornelius, NC
Wed Jun 25, 2014
The areas are pretty equal in small town feel. I am more partial to Huntersville since Lake Norman is near by and to me is not as busy as Matthews. I think the best thing would be to spend a weekend here and check them both out. There is a ton to take in. If you plan a visit I will be happy to show you around. Thanks for the questions

Jason Thompson
Realtor/Broker
http://www.mycarolinahomepro.com