Dhi lending problems

Asked by Aaron1199s, Spring, TX Mon Sep 24, 2012

Thanks Guy, yeah not sure what to do im buying from dr Horton and straight from the builder how are these supposed to be handled,

Answers

5
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Manchaca, TX
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Excellent blog from Tom's site. Read it and heed it. Lays it out why you're having the problems you're having with DHI.
, ,
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Read the article posted in my first answer.

Builder's lender enticements are illegal.
, ,
Mon Sep 24, 2012
http://activerain.com/blogsview/3455618/working-with-the-bui…

Have heard all kinds of stories out of DHI.
None good.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Manchaca, TX
Mon Sep 24, 2012
DHI is affiliated with DR Horton and therefore they have no interest in making sure you're happy....they're only interested in making sure the builder (their real customer) happy. Your circumstances happen far too often and you will likely not get your earnest money and upgrade money back from DR Horton. Not much you can do except try another lender and hope DR Horton wants to get the home sold bad enough. I've gone through tons of lenders over the years, most who are no longer in business. I now use one lady exclusively because she tells it like it is and won't lead folks on. If you need someone who is straight up, just email me at guy@phgbrokers.com.

Good luck Aaron.
Rob Velasco, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Hey Aaron,

You don't have to used the DR Horton Preferred lender although there are typically incentives and benefits for going with them. If you are having a lot of issues with them, then you may want to find another lender to handle your loan.