Dearborn Village Special Assessments?

Asked by Nick, Chicago, IL Wed May 15, 2013

I'm considering buying a home in Dearborn Village, does anyone have any idea if there are any pending special assessments?

I heard that there was a big ($25k) special assessment a few years back...and that more repairs were still needed and a 2nd special assessment may happen.

Answers

8
Kenneth Baker, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 16, 2013
Also, there are 5 different associations so each plans their improvements based on their unit owners. Dearborn Village Phase I-V.
Kenneth Baker, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu May 16, 2013
I have sold many units in that complex over the years, even pre-construction. There appears to be some needed work but I have not heard of a pending special assessment. The best thing for you to do is ask your realtor (hopefully you are using one) to speak with the listing agent to get specific information about the management companies plans for upcoming improvements and how they plan to pay for them.
Good luck to you.
Ken
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 15, 2013
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will help you with Dearborn Village I work in that specific area of the city
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 15, 2013
I dont know of anything 100%.

The best thing to do is ask the listing agent and see if they can find anything out from the association.
Hilary Pender, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 15, 2013
It's best to hire a buyer's agent and that person will gather all the information you will need to make an informed decision.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 15, 2013
Why not just ask the owner for the unit you are buying or the agent for the owner? You will get all that information once you have a signed contract, but the owner should tell you must of what you want to know now.
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 15, 2013
Special assement always happen in old biuldings .
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 15, 2013
why don't you come into my office and get all the information you should have to make this kind of decision.. your spending a lot of money and floating around on Trulia or doing this yourself is a bad idea.. take care of yourself and hire a professional.. that is what 100% of the successful people I know do.