Dear Sirs We are a couple from Denmark, who have found a beautiful house in Blue Ridge Georgia. We will put down 50% how can we get a morgage ??

Asked by Jorgen & Lone Denmark, Blue Ridge, GA Fri Jan 13, 2012

The price on the house is aprox 240.000$ we can put down 120.000 $ and now our real estate agents say that foriegners cannot get a morgage. I have several friends that bought property in Florida. That would be fantastic if you could help os with this.
Jorgen & lone Hansen
45 27 24 42 82.
Ps. We are here now, and are staying until jan26
Thank you very much

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michael Hammond’s answer
Michael Hamm…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Fri Jan 13, 2012
Please consider contacting one of the lenders below, Jorgen, for loan options with your situation. If you have any questions for me on housing, please call, email or text and I will be glad to share my thoughts with you. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond

Chuck Ewing
Senior Mortgage Banker Fidelity Bank
Cell: 770-241-1700 eFax: 404-601-9193

Jay Posey
Your Mortgage Advisor
PHH Mortgage, Inc
Phone: 404-992-5462

Brian Stephens
Renovation Loan Specialist
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
770-833-2472 Office: 678-742-3644 Fax: 770-406-2693
0 votes
Judy Aselton, Agent, Blue Ridge, GA
Fri Jan 13, 2012
As a local BLue Ridge realtor, I would suggest you consult with your Realtor about their recommendation as they would know the local mortgagors and mortgage brokers who can make your loan happen. With 50% down, there should be opportunities available to you with the right documentation. I know a few of our local realtors specialize in working with foriegn buyers and have found those sources. Also, we have local banks ready to lend. American online lenders may be another source, but as a general rule, real estate is always local and so wil the mortgage entities that support that.

Good luck in your quest. If you want local references for realtors or mortgage brokers, I would be glad to share some names you could contact if you email me directly.

Judy Aselton, Century 21 In The Mountains
Web Reference:
0 votes
Annette Levi…, , New York, NY
Sun Jan 15, 2012
To get a mortgage in the US, you need to have a VISA that allows you to live in the US. Do you?
0 votes
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Fri Jan 13, 2012
Jorgen & Ione... it's much more difficult for foreigners to get a mortgage in the United States, but call up a variety of banks and see if they would consider you. You might even want to call your Embassy and see if they know of any banks that specialize in Danes (I know a bank that speciailizes in mortgages for Venezuelans). You're more likely to get cooperation from two types of banks - small local banks and banks with branches in Denmark.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more