Dear Agent we have a mobile home in Summerland since 1982 and the property was assessed for 38 units on an acre and a half of land.

Asked by donvickyauggie, 93067 Fri Jan 10, 2014

The owner did not want to repair the underground , so he made a promisory note that if 4 residents bought out their shares he would take the money and build into the cities sewer, water electrical etc.... we paid for a variable rate loan plus for the mobile home itself for nearly thirty years we would like to sell before the end of 2014. We have moved so we could remodel the unit to rent it out as an option to buy. Can you suggest an agent? 805-895-4654 cell phone Donald L. Wake

Answers

4
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Feb 28, 2014
We're very heavily involved in the Manufactured Home industry and specialize in park conversions from lease land to resident owned. I'm very familiar with Summerland as we used to have an office on Garden Street in SB. If I could get a clearer understanding of exactly what it is you are trying to do I might be able to assist you.

Here's my contact info: 760 815-6977 Or you can email me at onthelevel@cox.net

Check out our websites for a better overview or our involvement in the MH industry:

http://www.onthelevelcontractors.com
http;//www.mh-processing.com
Ali Qureshi, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Thu Feb 27, 2014
Best of luck with your share on this land.
biomystic, Home Buyer, Ojai, CA
Thu Feb 27, 2014
My father built Summerland by the Sea. I grew up on that land before he made it into a mobile home park. You wouldn't believe what was there before my dad got his hands on that land. A creek, tall pine trees, a garden of eden for us kids, and a hillside shaved away to create more trailer spaces. You can see now in my own elder age I could see the fairly awful environmental destruction dad wreaked at 2155 Ortega Hill Rd. I have lot's of found memories of Summerland circa the late '50's and what a town it was then. Wild, bar fights common, a real working class town, and cheap. I cannot believe the prices there now. Absolutely astounding but in those days no one but people like my dad saw Summerland as the uniquely situated ocean front community it was.

I was born in Santa Barbara and my brother still lives there. I have nostalgia and am actually interested in your mobile home. I saw one for sale there last year for about as cheap as anyone can get anything in S.B. County. Prices like yours are in the Bay Area now but we here in Humboldt County are still relatively inexpensive but the weather I have to admit is worse..

Steve Lewis
There was Wiskey Bill who walked every single day to the store to get his booze in a brown paper bag and walk back to wherever he lived behind Summerland. And there was Mutho, ah Mutho, who lived in a real Gypsie trailer in the water works(?) behind Summerland in the hills. Mutho ran a tractor at us kids who'd woken up after sleeping overnight in a haystack fort we made. Scared the hell out of us and we ran but that was his intention. Two women drivers who drove like bats out of hell were notorious to us kids. One ran over an old lady, killed her, and never spent a night in jail. An ex-WAC teacher belted me as a lippy 12 year old knocking me flat to the ground, no charges for her but a scolding for me..Couple of murders there. Great place to grow up for kids. What's it like now? :)
Flag Thu Feb 27, 2014
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sat Jan 11, 2014
I'm a little confused with your question. Are you saying that you own the land the home sits on or do you rent it?
We are flying out to meet with the original owner and speak with him about the offer he made to us in 1985. To our knowledge we have a 38th share of ownership a certificate of such since 1985. He made an agreement of relinquishment of Title ownership after 30 years, to all owners in the park, 1985 to 2015. We would prefer to rent it out now and then sell after Title is in our hands. We don't want any bad business deals going on at our age we are seniors. We actually are keeping our eyes open for a smaller more quaint home in Summerland for vacationing. However we are native Santa Barbaran's. My father owned Tide Water Marine and United Boats in S.B and m husbands parents are educators who own a College in S.B. We just wanted a quiet place w/ more land around us than people. D&V Wake
Flag Sat Jan 11, 2014