selinekincio…, Other/Just Looking in Boston, MA

DO YOU THINK NORTH END HAS A PROBLEM WITH NOISE?

Asked by selinekincioglu, Boston, MA Sun Dec 2, 2012

Answers

9
Danielle O'B…, Agent, West Roxbury, MA
Mon Dec 3, 2012
I'm copying my answer from this thread, for which I received a best answer:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Quality_of_Life/Is_living_in_No…

Many agents had already answered, and many were in agreement that noise is relative... You may find othere helpful answers through that link.

"I totally agree with others that noise is a relative term and what I consider noisy you may not, etc. I'm answering this as a past resident to give you my experiences :) I lived in the North End, on the water side of Hanover Street years ago. Yes, I did think it could be noisy but the energy of living amist all of the activity and an amazing community made it worthwhile for me! I loved living right one one of the major streets and having everything right outside my door. My biggest issue was actually the garbage trucks coming around overnight... sometimes 2-4AM in the morning. My apartment was on the 3rd floor and my room was right on the street. In the summer, it would startle me awake! I think if you pay attention to the placement of your apartment and your bedroom, you won't notice the "noise" so much. In your apartment hunting, make sure you find an agent that has experience renting in that area of town. Apartments move quick there!"
Bobby Woofter, Agent, Boston, MA
Sun Dec 9, 2012
Simply put, yes. There are a ton of restaurants and tourists. It would probably get better the further you get from Hannover Street or Commercial Street

Bobby Woofter
Web Reference:  http://mybostoncondo.com
CH Naamad, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Any small quaint , and vibrant neighborhood will have some noise issues. The North End is one example.
However, if you live in a professionally managed building where noisy students are not allowed, you will have no noise problems.
You can also live in a rear or high up unit that is far from street noise.
North End is a great area, and I will take it over many quite areas outside the city.
You will get used to the noise, but you will enjoy the ambiance more!!
best of luck,
Sarah Goulart…, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Like any mixed use district, the north end is a place where some residents struggle with the trade off of living in such a vibrant area. It is up to the person living there to seem whether it is a 'problem' and if so, whether they should consider living elsewhere.
John Dean, Agent, Somerville, MA
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Seline

The North End is a vibrant part of Boston. Not only are there a high concentration of places to eat and shop but it is also one of the cities tourist areas. As far as a problem with noise, I have never had a problem there. The North End is one of my favorites places in the city.

Noise is relative I found the North End quieter then when I lived in Back Bay on Beacon Street.
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Thu Dec 12, 2013
It doesn't matter what we think.
If you've see the movie My Cousin Vinny you will get my point - or scream rock for that matter.
Noise is "to the beholder".

I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(Not me, I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Rafael Herna…, Agent, Roslindale, MA
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Definitely does but there are lots if other areas in Boston with noise problems. Is just a matter of how people take action to handle it.
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Wed Dec 12, 2012
It is a city so you should expect city-like noise. I don't think the North End is any more noisy then the other denser/popular areas of Boston.

Hope that helps!

Territory.com
Massachusetts Premier Buyer Broker
617-848-5407 x701
Help@Territory.com
Web Reference:  http://territory.com
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Mon Dec 3, 2012
It's the city. There's noise.