Currently renting, want to buy, where do i start!?

Asked by ashleym_bevans, Rancho Cucamonga, CA Mon Nov 26, 2012

I am currently renting at 1740 a month in Rancho Cucamonga. I am looking towards buying within the near future but know that I must first secure a down payments saved up and work on paying down some other debts to improve my credit score. My credit score is in the 600s. I currently make $76,000/year with annual raises. Any advice on where/how to start this process? My lease is almost up and i'd prefer to know my options before signing a new lease. I know there are first time home buyer programs, and FHA loans which may be most appropriate for my credit situation, etc., but i get so much info from so many different sources that I am confused as to where to even start. Is it recommended that I at least have my down payment saved before I start??? HELP PLEASE!!

Answers

9
Christina Ha…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Morristown, TN
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Hello and good morning. First go sit down with a lender. Perhaps see who your family members have used if they recommend anyone. That is where you will start. Putting all of these details you have listed here on a loan application, and talking to a lender/broker/loan officer. As an ex mortgage broker, I always recommend using a broker if you're score are under 650 as brokers are affiliated with many more lenders, banks can only sell their products, and brokers can sell you 50+ choices, which they will get you the lowest PITI (principal interest taxes and insurance) based on your credit score. Who ever you decide to go with, understand that it is a long process and never be shy to ask questions even the ones you think may sound dumb...

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano,
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist of
Everlasting Credit Repair
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
Kari Brandler, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Tue Feb 5, 2013
I would be more than happy to help you in finding your next home. First place to start is to get pre-qualified with a lender which I can help you with. Then we can start searching for your home once we know the price range, area, of bedrooms/bathrooms and sq. footage you are looking for. Feel free to call me with any questions you might have. Have a great day!

Kari Brandler
1 Advanced Realty & Appraisal
R.E. License 01751970
Cell: (909) 292-6142
Email: kari.brandler@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.karibrandler.com
Jamie Henne…, Agent, Upland, CA
Sun Feb 3, 2013
I can definitely help you. Please feel free to email privately at love2listyou@yahoo.com and we can get started right away. You definitely fit the criteria to be able to purchase a home now. Please feel free to contact me.
Sindy Jones, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
You need to sit down and talk with a Lender and Realtor you feel comfortable with and that have your best interest in mind. You goal is to purchase a home and we need to get you on the right track to do that.

Do you need a down payment saved? Always good, however not always needed.

Call, email or text me, together we can come up with the right solution for your situation to get you into a home.

Sindy Jones
909-230-3179
sindyjones.com
homeswithsindy@yahoo.com
01865980
Lori Duran, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Hi Ashley,
There is a good first time home buyer program with as little as 0 down. Its called the NACA purchase plan. The credit requirements are easier than even FHA and the rates are competative. There phone number is 888-302-6222. They require an annual membership fee because its a non-profit organization and you will be required to attend classes on home ownership. Please feel free to call me for advise and help. I am a Broker with over 26 years helping people just like you relize their dream of home ownership.

Lori Duran
dre#00924615
(626) 354-7344
Mainstreet R…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Hi Ashley,

The first step you need to take is to speak with a licensed loan officer to discuss your financing options and secure a purchase price range you feel comfortable with. Inventory is currently scarce overall but there has never been a better time to purchase your first home!

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions. Best of luck!
Mario G Bono…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Good afternoon , please call me at my direct line (909) 263-8498 this is Jose Mr. Mario Bonola's assistant. I will give you more details. thank you so much.
Philip Cabral, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
There are a lot of particulars like how much of a down payment you have saved up? What are the particulars in your credit score? You have a fairly good income but how does your annual budget look in relation?

This is not the forum to go in detail about those things so if you want to contact me directly you can do so. You can find my contact info in my profile.

If you're not quite ready to do that I have written a few BLOGs that have helped me become more financially secure in Trulia. You can also find them under my profile.

ashleym_beva…, Renter, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
I hear it's tough buying in Rancho Cucamonga also and that it's harder for those with FHA loans. True?? I moved from Los Angeles due to relocation for work in Victorville, and Rancho Cucamonga seemed like the most desirable area :(
Hi ashleym_bevans. Lets talk can it be tough? Sure.... depends on several factors. Are you committed? Will you do what it takes to get your where you want to be? Will you be focused on getting information back asap so you don't lose out? Did you pick the right Realtor and Lender who is just as committed as you and focused to make sure they do everything possible to help? Just some questions you might like to think about as you begin your home search.
Sindy Jones
909-230-3179
buyahomeinranchocucamonga.com
homeswithsindy@yahoo.com
01865980
Flag Tue Nov 27, 2012