Could someone tell me the best neighbourhoods in Indio, CA?

Asked by Kevin Krammer, Canada, KY Mon Aug 25, 2008

I am looking for a home in Indio and I don't want to waste time looking in marginal neighbourhoods.

Answers

5
Carolyn Voet, Agent, PALM DESERT, CA
Mon Aug 25, 2008
Hi Kevin:

I work with buyer's in Indio and there are several new developments in North Indio with great pricing right now due to their standing inventory. Homes which sold new a year ago are now selling from the mid-$200,000 to $300,000 range. There are also some very nice neighborhoods in the south Indio area, bordering La Quinta.

I recently sold a home in Talavera, a D R Horton community, 3005 sq ft, 2 years old, never been lived in for $269,000. The home is beautiful. Talavera is currently selling one of their 2-story model homes, furnished & landscaped for $322,000 and it's also over 3000 sq ft. This is a great deal.

These new homes have all the great amenities available. Tile floors, granite countertops, high ceilings & doors, stainless steel appliances as well as many other wonderful features.

If you are looking for more information as well as pictures of what is available in order to preview the homes or would like assistance from a real estate professional, please contact me by email or phone.

Carolyn Voet, ePRO
Committed to Excellence
Windermere Real Estate
Indian Wells
760/774-6510 (cell)
http://www.carolynvoet.mywindermere.com
MailTo:cvoet@sonic.net
Carolyn Voet, Agent, PALM DESERT, CA
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Hi Kevin: I am still available to assist you in locating a home in Indio. If you have plans to visit our desert, please let me know.

Carolyn
Larry Hansen, Agent, La Quinta, CA
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Hello Kevin,

I certainly understand your concern for not wanting to waste time in your search. I just did a quick search on MLS for homes currently listed for sale in Indio and came up with 802 current active listings.

One problem with trying to advise you on the "best neighborhoods" to concentrate your search in, is that each of the communities have different aspects that may be either a plus or a minus depending on you and your specific needs and desires. I have had many buyers start out wanting to look in one particular community only to end up buying in a different comunity. In fact, one of the first things I like to do when working with a buyer that may be unfamiliar with the various communities is to simply drive them around teh various communities and mention some of the pros and cons before we even begin looking at specific homes for sale. I would also mention that La Quinta is just next door and therefore in the same general vacinity as Indio, so this may affect your decision as well.

Bottom line, my advice would be to come here with expectations of spending at least a good part of the first day having an agent drive you around to gain some familiarity with the different communities and what they have to offer with respect to your particular needs. You can still stop at a few homes in each community however the serious home searching should begin afer you narrow down what areas and communities you like best.

Before you come however, it helps greatly to let your agent know your general search criteria in terms of price range, sq. ft., number of beds / baths, furnished or unfurnished, etc., so he or she can do a preliminary search and have some listings selected ahead of time in each of the areas. This can be narrowed down and revised as you go (and often is) but at least provides a good starting point in looking for some attractive deals. Best wishes in your home search and of please contact me if I can be of assistance in any way.

Larry Hansen, Broker-Associate, e-PRO
Realty Executives
Ph: (760) 668-2486
Email: Larry@HansenDesertRealty.com
Website: http://www.DesertAreaGolfHomes.com
Mark Hawley, Agent, La Quinta, CA
Sat Aug 30, 2008
As Carolyn said there are many options in North Indio and even a few in Southwest Indio. I guess it would depend on your needs. Are you over 55? Do you have kids and would like to be close to schools?
I have lived here in the Valley since 1972 (Mostly at this end of the Valley). If you have any questions about neighborhoods, prices and conditions, please fell free to give me a call.

(760) 567-9016
Jonathan Jam…, , New York, NY
Mon Aug 25, 2008
I highly suggest you fly down for a visit. Working with a broker who is intimate with the area in an understatment. A collegue mentioned to me that Indio is considered the new Palm Springs for liberals... What a wise guy...