Home Buying in Memphis>Question Details

Samuel Hargis, Home Buyer in Memphis, TN

Cordova, TN why so low

Asked by Samuel Hargis, Memphis, TN Tue Dec 17, 2013

New to the area, and looking on potentially buying a house. Cordova has alot of great new homes for very, very low prices. I'm not from the area, but curious on why a similar home in Cordova is so much lower in Germantown or Collierville?

Hedge funds and individual investors are buying up property all over the place in Cordova. Maybe as much as 50% of all sales in Cordova are turning to rentals. Most of 38016 is being bought of by investors. You may find some areas in the 38018 part of Cordova where funds have not taken over. The closer you get to the mall, the more the area is turning into rentals.

If you are looking in the $175k and under price range, go to Arlington or Lakeland. I am about to have a 3/2 in Lakeland for $134,900.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 17, 2013
Merry Christmas From "First National Realty" 6423 Summer Gale Dr. 38134

Contact an Agent Connie N.901 255-2745 /901-870-8962 Different Reason.

Have you been approve for a loan. Are you able buy?
Mr Hargis,
I'll acknowledge the Elephant in the room.

Most of Cordova has been annexed by City of Memphis, and those areas that are not already a part of the City, are in the areas reserved for annexation by the City of Memphis. Many do not want to be a part of the City of Memphis for a number of reasons.

Germantown and Collierville were not affected as much by foreclosure activity. Not to take too much away from Cordova as there are pockets that have terrific resale potential. Please contact me if you would like to sit down and figure out what part of town best fits your taste.

Brian Collier
First National Realty