Considering purchasing a heritage town home at Dogwood estates, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, adivce please?

Asked by Andy Powell, London England Sat Aug 30, 2008

The units are witihin a gated area, and asking price range from 220 - 275,000 for 3-4 bedroom, two storey home.
Usual facilities are availalbe, but I feel the units are a littel overpriced, considering none are detached and are 20 mins from the beach.

Appreciate any feedback

Answers

6
Jeremy Blant…, , 29579
Sat Aug 30, 2008
Hi Andy!

After gathering a little bit of information about Dogwood Estates in the MLS, I believe that you are correct in your assessment. For example, the community I live in which is the The Farm at Carolina Forest, you can get a single family home for less than that with many more amenities. Also, it is centrally located in Myrtle Beach, with only a 10 minute drive to the beach. Another area where there are great Condos called Magnolia North & Magnolia Pointe, you can find a wonderful 3BR condo on the golf course for around the same amount or even a little bit less. The big differences between these 2 areas & the area you inquired about is that these are both in the heart of Myrtle Beach whereas, Dogwood Estates is down on the southern end. If you prefer the southern end, or an area farther away from the attractions, there are several communities in which you could find something.

One thing I would suggest is having a buyer's agent work on your behalf in any type of transaction. I always tell potential buyers to have someone work on their behalf throughout the transaction. When you are dealing with onsite agents, they represent the seller so you need someone to work on your half. I work with my father as a team and we are both Accredited Buyers Representatives which mean we have taken special training in order to work on a buyers behalf to the fullest extent. Feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.
John Sefick, , 29585
Sun Aug 31, 2008
Andy,

I'm sorry to be so late in responding. In in Costa Rica visiting a new development on the Central Pacific. Our internet is somewhat limite. The Dogwood Estates is being built on a portion of the Island Grene Golf Course. Island Grenn is an established community and the course is enjoyed by many. The area is convenient to Myrtle Beach offerings and appear to be reasonably priced. I have packages of information about Dogwood Estate that I would be grad to send you if you would like. Good luck in your search and if I can ever be of assistance, please let me know.
John Sefick 843-325-1755 http://www.JohnSefick.com
Web Reference:  http://www.JohnSefick.com
Kimberly Gaf…, , Rock Hill, SC
Sat Aug 30, 2008
Good evening Mr. Powell,
I am a licensed Realtor in Rock Hill, SC. I have lived in South Carolina all my life.

You have received a good bit of great advice from the Realtors that are closer to the area you are referring to. I hope that you will allow me to give you my advise regarding Real Estate-no matter where you are thinking of relocating.

First of all, you need to have your "own" Agent Represent you while "searching" for a home. They will do ALL the homework for you and advise you accordingly. Please remember that a "Buyers Agent" represents YOUR best interest- not the Sellers of the properties that you inquire about. You also do not pay the Buyers Agent that YOU hired to work for you in the majority of the cases. The Seller pays the commission to the agent that SELLS their home.

In South Carolina, Realtors are to advise you when working with you that they are representing the Seller, their client, unless you request them to represent you, by a Buyers Agency Agreement. Until you do this, you are considered a customer. I will be glad to email you a SC Agency Disclosure Form is you will send me your email address at Kimberly.Gaffney@allentate.com.

Secondy, please allow me to introduce you to the Company that I represent. Allen Tate Realty and Allen Tate Family of Companies.

Please go to the website at http://www.allentate.com. CLICK ON ABOUT US....AND ALSO "RELOCATION". It will take you directly to the INTERNATIONAL RELOCATION WEB SITE that we are affiliated with.

The reason that I want to tell you about Allen Tate Realty is that our company IS the NUMBER ONE Privately owned REAL ESTATE COMPANY in NORTH AND SOUTH CAROLINA.

Our company is also one of the initial contributors and members of the INTERNATIONAL RELO COMPANY called.. the "LEADING REAL ESTATE COMPANIES OF THE WORLD". We can help any buyer or seller, no matter where they live, no matter where they are moving to.

Since you live in England, I can refer you to an agent that specializes in working with Buyers that live out of the US.

Most of all, just continue digging until you feel comfortable with who you end up having represent YOU as a Buyer. If I can be of assistance to you at all, please feel free to contact me.
Although I do not LIVE at Myrtle Beach I would be happy to represent you and do ALL your homework! :)

My website is at http://www.allentate.com/KimberlyGaffney.

I wish you much luck and hope you have the best Real Estate experience ever this year when you find that RIGHT PROPERTY for you, once you find that RIGHT REALTOR for you.

Kimberly Gaffney, REALTOR
Allen Tate Realty
1602 Ebenezer Rd
Rock Hill, SC 29730
803-417-4209
Dee Weiss, Agent, North Myrtle Beach, SC
Sat Aug 30, 2008
Hi Andy:
I am an agent with Coldwell Banker Chicora in Myrtle Beach and would be delighted to assist you. I did a search of 3B/2B townhomes with private garages and the same square footage. There are over 450 for sale with an average price of $370,147. However there are 40 under $220,000 and they are much closer to the beach than the Dogwood estates. I don't think any are offering any golf course membership. I have played golf here for 20 years and Island Green where Dogwood is located is an older course and not all that special. It's also quite a distance to the beach compared to the others I've found.

I'd be delighted to e-mail you the listings I've found, directly from MLS with descriptions and pictures and I can describe each community and where it is located in relationship to the beach. I can even e-mail a map so that you have a visual representation.

Just send me an e-mail directly so that I can get these out to you. It is late on Saturday here and I will not be in the office tomorrow, but I will be in Monday, despite the Labor Day Holiday. Once you respond, I can get these e-mailed ot you at once.

Do you plan to use this as a second home, or will you be moving here? Townhome communities are great for part-time residences because the maintenance is handled by the association. If you will be relocating here, then in this price range, you can also consider a single family home - but not with the same square footage.

Just let me know how I can assist you.

Dee Weiss, GRI, ABR, SRES, CRS
Senior Sales Associate
Coldwell Banker Chicora
N. Myrtle Beach
Toll Free: 877-347-1156
deeweiss@chicora.net
Tue Sep 16, 2008
Hi Andy:
You've gotten a lot of good responses. I responded a while ago. Can I help you further by sending you other listings to compare, or answer any questions you may have? Have you chosen a realtor to work with. I'd be delighted.

Dee Weiss
Coldwell Banker Chicora
deeweiss@chicora.net
Christine Hu…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Sat Aug 30, 2008
Mr. Powell, please feel free to go to my website, ChristineHughie.com. There you can do an independent search of similar properties and and prices. Please do not hesitate to call me if yoo have any questions. My toll free number is 877-347-1155. You may also email me at ChughieS@aol.com. My name is Christine.