Considering buying a 3-4 bedroom house as a investment property and renting it out. Between, Brentwood, Mountain House & Antioch which would be best.

Asked by Ramesh, Pleasanton, CA Sun May 26, 2013

Its easy to rent out in Mountain House since I already rent out a house there. However, Brentwood and Antioch appear to be harder to rent out.

Answers

3
Runa Charlie, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Jan 15, 2015
We have properties for sale in Chicago IL
Multi-Family Home for $40,000.00

THIS PROPERTY IS BEING OFFERED WITH DOWN-PAYMENT AND OWNER FINANCING!
(OR A CASH OFFER OF $17,000.00)

YOU CAN BID FOR AS LOW AS $7,500.00 DOWN-PAYMENT.

>>>HERE ARE THE TERMS
Nelson Khan, Agent, Brentwood, CA
Wed Jan 14, 2015
Income property (Duplex, Triplex etc.) is probably going to give you a better cash flow. They are few and far between in Brentwood and there is only slightly more in Antioch (There is one triplex for sale in Brentwood that I know of, off the top of my head).

One problem with renting out a single-family home is the vacancy rate. If your renter can't pay you make no money for each month you do not have a renter.

On the other hand with a triplex if one renter can't pay rent, you still are making two-thirds of what you were making before.

Do your research before you invest money into rental property and get one-on-one professional help, the laws in California are strict and each city in the East Bay area has it's own benefits and disadvantages.
Gene Riemens…, Agent, Brentwood, CA
Sun May 26, 2013
I work with a lot of investors. The real issue is your values and what you want to achieve. Brentwood is generally more expensive than Antioch and you get less Return on Investments. On the other hand some investors feel Brentwood homes are easier to rent and the will gain more appreciation.

I am traveling through Monday, but e-mail me directly at Gene@HomePointRealEstate.com and I will send you my Free Book of Real Estate Investing that tells you how to evaluate an investment return. I will also send you some evaluations I have completed on homes for some other investors to give you an idea how you should be looking at investments.