Home Buying in Diamond Bar>Question Details

SB Buyer, Home Buyer in Lahaina, HI

Condos/townhomes in or around Diamond Bar/Chino Hills?

Asked by SB Buyer, Lahaina, HI Fri Jan 20, 2012

Looking for a 3/2 condo/townhome in Diamond Bar/Chino Hills or surrounding areas. Can anyone recommend nice, safe neighborhoods?

Answers

7
Hello SB Buyer,

I suggest you consider Orange County. You will be able to find newer developments with great amenities.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
714-293-1151
Bill, we don't want to spend more than $375k as this would be a part-time home, that needs to be securely locked up for part of the year. We want 3/2 1,600 sq ft, newer builds, quiet. We don't need to be near anywhere such as schools or work, but don't want to be in the middle of nowhere either. Hope that helps
Diamond Bar is generally considered a very good and safe area. The newer parts of Chino Hills are good, but many of the older parts of Chino Hills and Chino are more "iffy". What price range are you looking for? What area will you be looking to be close to? Orange County? Los Angeles? You may also want to consider Walnut or San Dimas, or Brea. I need to know more to recommend alternatives. Call or email me. Bill Mota 626) 233-0190.
Web Reference: http://BillMota.com
SB Buyer,

I also always recommend that you check the FHA approved condo list in your area of preference. Typically if a project is approved by the FHA, you'll have an easier time obtaining financing (even if you don't opt for an FHA loan). The link to the list is below.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
Debbie, I've looked at all listings and they doesn't seem to be very much at the moment. Are there any particularly nice developments, or streets you know?
Hi my name is Debbie Lee, I am a realtor for Century 21 Home. I live in Diamond Bar and have for 42 years. My office is located on the edge of Chino Hills, so I know the area quite well. There aren't to many bad areas, it all depends on your budget. If you would like you can contact me by email and I can send you all the information you need on the properties that are available within your budget. My email is dalee1976@yahoo.com. I hope to hear from you soon.
Safe neighborhoods are a subjective answer. My suggestion would be that you drive around the area see how it feels to you. Look at the neighborhood is kept up. Go to the stores and see how they are kept up and weather it would be a store that you would feel comfortable in. You also should contact the schools; check their scoring and the parent participation. Check with the police department and see the crime statistics for the area you are interested in. Go in the mornings when people go to work, drive by in the evenings as people are coming home. Interview the neighbors and drive by on Saturdays and Sundays and check out the activity in around the places you are interested in. What I may like and consider safe, may be totally different than what is to you. This is a very important decision. You are the ones that needs to live there and feel safe.

Diana Margala 909-560-0145
Web Reference: http://dianam.com