Condo price in Emeryville

Asked by Risa, Berkeley, CA Sat Oct 25, 2008

How much is the reasonable price/sqft for a condo on Bay street one and Bridgewater Emeryville now? Which one is better location/environment?

Answers

1
Eric H. Wong , Agent, Albany, CA
Sat Oct 25, 2008
There has not been a sale in either of those communities in the last 3 months, and I am wary of looking at the sales data for anything further back, because the Emeryville condo market has been so volatile.
If you look at Emeryville as a whole, the average sale per square foot is hovering around $410, though most of those sales have been in the Watergate community. There was one short sale at Bay One that went for $360 a square foot.
Which is better. It really depends on what you want. Bay one is certainly more centrally located, and is a newer development than Bridgewater, but I have talked to a couple of Bay One owners, and they have said that at times it is too busy down there. In the end I think it depends on the type of lifestyle you like.
Bridgewater was having a lot of trouble with resale last year, but so were a lot of the condos and lofts in Emeryville.

Good Luck