Condo Searching near 80111

Asked by Jennifer C, 80111 Mon Nov 4, 2013

I am a young professional searching to purchase my first condo in Colorado. I have found several online that I am interested in around the 80111 and 80237 areas. Most condos are between 100,000-145,000 max. I can put 3.5-5% down (preferably 3.5%) but my credit score is 630 due to credit inquiries and 4 late payments over the span of 6 years that I can't seem to get off of my report. The payments were only 1 day late (thank you, time zones) but have negatively impacted my credit. I want to know my chances of getting a loan but am hesitant in contacting an agent in the area just yet. Also, I am a new nurse but with solid employment history.

Answers

10
Rob Knapp, , Denver, CO
Fri Apr 25, 2014
contact knapprentals@yahoo.com I have a 1 br custom condo with marble bathroom and granite counters available in a month for $75000 on Belleview near Broadway
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Sat Nov 9, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

There are many programs available for first time home buyers like you. From your initial statements, I would think you could qualify. Your first step is to contact a good mortgage lender to do a pre-qualification for you. Then contact a Realtor like me to find the 'right' home for you to live. From there we work as a team to comfortably guide you in the process. I have several great lenders for you to choose from if you would like. My contact info is below.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Mike Hixon, , Denver, CO
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Jennifer,
You're in good company. There are thousand of folks in your same position. I would advise your first plan of attack would be to address your credit concerns. I have two very good credit repair agencies that have worked wonders with my Clients in the past. It would be encouraging and uplifting to speak with these folks. They can preform magic in short order. Please let me know if you're interested in speaking with these consultants.

After we get your credit back in order, your search for a condo or townhome shouldn't be an issue. There are several nice complexes in those areas and within your price range, looking for a new owner.

Please give me a call if I may be of further assistance.

Mike Hixon
303-349-5000 - Mobile
Wisdom Real…, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Jennifer,
Good afternoon, I would definitely recommend using a local lender rather than online sources. I've had too many deals fall through this year because an on-line lender isn't available for an urgent phone call, or they miss deadlines which ultimately puts your money at risk. I agree with all the comments below as well, credit questions and your overall ability to qualify is better left for a mortgage expert. If you haven't already gotten your questions answered, feel free to contact me at gcharlton@wisdomrealestate.net
Michael Glist, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Mon Nov 4, 2013
I would be more than happy to assist you in getting financing set up for your purchase of a condo. We have a wide verity of products that we can offer you. Please feel to contact me through my profile here on Trulia with any questions you may have.

Thank You!
Blair Bryant, Agent, Centennial, CO
Mon Nov 4, 2013
You can get most of the answers you are looking for by talking to a lender. There are many options out there. You are asking the right questions. Let me know if we can help you out as you move forward.
Elzbieta (El…, Agent, Denver, CO
Mon Nov 4, 2013
I would recommend to check with local loan officer and see how you can improve your credit score. I am working with some talented mortgage officer which I will be happy to recommend. I am very dedicated person and will be happy to guide you through the process.

PS. My husband is a nurse. Did you find a new employer?

If you have any questions, please email:
Ela
ela.sobczak@yahoo.com
Michael D. S…, , Centennial, CO
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Also ours once reviewed is a commitment to lend.
Michael D. S…, , Centennial, CO
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Jennifer you can still get an FHA loan! We can have your credit and income documentation formally reviewed and approved by an underwriter which will give you pease of mind going into the process. Call me on my cell to set an appt: 720-224-1679
Prentiss Holt, , Nashville, TN
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Hello there!

What I recommend in your case would be just to go through the pre-approval process with a national agency. I recommend iServe; they have done incredibly well by my clients. If you like, I can put you in touch with a certified mortgage planner who would guide you through that process.

A pre-approval is not a commitment to get a loan. It just lets you know what kind of loan you can get, with your situation, without making any firm decisions.

If you're interested, just shoot me an email at: theholtrealestategroup@gmail.com. :) I applaud you waiting to get financing before contacting an agent. Most agents cannot even schedule viewings until you have been approved for a loan.