Jamie, Home Buyer in San Dimas, CA

Compensation for misrepresentation?

Asked by Jamie, San Dimas, CA Wed Jun 11, 2008

I purchased a home, which I thought was in one school district, called A, for now, agent listed it as district A., talked about District A. however, when I went to go register my kids, found out we are on the wrong side of the street and we are actually in district B. The agent still is listing houses in District B and posting that it is in District A.
what course of action can I take to be compensated for misinformation? The home is Los Angeles County

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Wed Jun 11, 2008
Contact the broker/manager of the agent that listed the property and also the manager of the agent that represented you.
Read over all your documantation looking for disclaimers like "all information deemed correct but . . . Buyers are advised to investigate . . .
If you feel that intentional misrepresentation took place or are not satisfied with the response of the managing broker's then contact an attorney for further advice.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more