Closing on a house

Asked by RM73, Naperville, IL Fri Jul 11, 2008

The closing on my new house is later this month.My mortgage broker is still in the process of getting the loan.However,I am fearing that he might not be able to get the loan before the closing.If that is the case then what happens.Can I go through my lawyer asking for an extension or I lose money for not meeting the closing date.In that case who is responsible for this.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


4, , Wheaton-Glen Ellyn
Fri Jul 11, 2008
If you fail to ask for an extension (in writing) and the financing does not go thru you could lose your earnest money. Your attorney will help you.
Web Reference:
1 vote
Mark Roncone, , Naperville, IL
Fri Jul 11, 2008
Contact your attorney ASAP and get an extension. It should not be a problem. Then if you need help with a new loan officer please contact me I would be happy to help.
Web Reference:
1 vote
, ,
Fri Jul 18, 2008
I wish I would have seen this earlier.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
0 votes
Greg Zaccagni, , Illinois
Fri Jul 11, 2008
Why is your mortgage broker having trouble getting loan approval? Perhaps with more details we could identify the best options for you now?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Aurora Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more