City sewer and water is the way to go in Jackson not septic and well...ask any native why

Asked by Alyssa, Jackson, NJ Fri Jun 22, 2012

Answers

1
Jennifer Nie…, Agent, Jackson, NJ
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Alyssa,
Approximately 3/4 of Jackson is Well and Septic, and although many people prefer public utilites for the benefit of flushing anything they want down the drain and not worrying about rust stains from a well, the benefits of having well and septic are not having a water/sewer bill. When you understand how to care for a well, with proper water softener and filters if needed, and how to care for a septic, making sure you service it as recommended, then you will realize that it's not a bad thing to have. The issue and stigma about well and septic falls on the cases where the individual homeowners neglect their systems for several years, and then need to replace the septic or dig a new well. Those are extreme cases and for the most part, if the systems are maintained, there aren't any problems. Here's a link to a guide on septics: http://www.epa.gov/owm/septic/pubs/homeowner_guide_long.pdf
If you are planning to move to Jackson, or to move from one side of Jackson to another, I'd be happy to help you with your search. Any questions you can contact me directly, 732-513-2333 or jniedrach@weichert.com.

Jennifer Niedrach, ABR®, SFR®
NJAR® Circle of Excellence Sales Award® Bronze 2011
Weichert Realtors Million Dollar Sales & Marketed Club 2011
Weichert Realtors "Director's Club" 2011
I live in jackson and would gladly pay a city water sewer bill then have my septic system. it costs me 300.00 a year to pump it plus 40 a month for salt for the water softener. so im spending 780.00 per year on my well and septic not including the 30 amps to run the well pump. so jennifer dont mislead your clients by telling them well and septic systems are not a bad
Flag Tue Apr 12, 2016