Chicago Area Unique condo/loft buildings? Particularly in Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Loop?

Asked by asnigro, Carol Stream, IL Tue Jun 17, 2008

I have seen units in the Clocktower Lofts (2300 W Wabansia) and like the way there's not a single identicle unit in the building (well almost). Any others like this in the above mentioned neighborhoods?

Answers

6
Josh, , Chi
Wed Sep 3, 2008
Hey asnigro,

When I made my move I used Dream Town Realtys website to search. I just did a quick search on their site for the Clocktower Lofts and they do have a page.

Good Luck - hope this helps
Phil, , Chicago, IL
Sat Jul 26, 2008
Clock Tower is a "true" loft. Built over 100 years ago and converted around 1996, it has 50 plus different floor plans. It is a very popular building and units don't stay on the market very long. There are two more loft buildings on Wabansia but they are not close to being in the same class as Clock Tower lofts.
Daniel Cullen, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Sat Jul 26, 2008
Some of the units in Clock Tower lofts require a block long hike from the main entry to the front door of your condo. Kind of a drag when you forget your wallet or keys on the kitchen counter. PAC lofts did some crap work on their HVAC installs and from what several re-litters have told me, are greatly over-priced. I inspected a unit at Baer Lofts in Bucktown the other day and it was hard to control my anger at the cynical money grubbing lack of concern that showed in the quality of the conversion/rehab. Feel free to drop me a note and I'll be happy to share my home inspecting experiences with you regarding any of the lofts in Bucktown or anywhere else in the city.
Paul Blackbu…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jul 10, 2008
Yes, there are several in the Wicker Park, Bucktown and West Loop. I have friends that live right across the street from Clocktower Lofts on Wabansia. They find it to be a very unique property. Anything I can do to help let me know!
Eric Marcus, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jun 19, 2008
One of my clients bought a great place last year at PAC lofts at 1735 N. Paulina and it seems like they had many different and interesting layouts.
Web Reference:  http://www.esmrealty.com
Scott Epstein, , Crystal Lake, IL
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Well, I may be getting a listing for a great live/work space in River North!!! This is extremely rare as there are only a couple live/work units like this in the area. This is an old school type loft where the freight elevator opens into your unit. There are a couple other loft buildings in the areas that you have mentioned, but there addresses escape me at the moment. I will try and remember and get back to you.