Chase bank gave my dad a 80 000. home equity loan with the stipulation he has insurance on the loan and maintains it. The Silver Package.

Asked by John, Selden, NY Fri Oct 12, 2012

Dad passed away and left the house to me but the bank produced a handwritten letter -not from my dad- stating: take insurance off loan. It is not witnessed or notarized and now Chase says that the money is still owed. How do I prove that Chase is attempting to commit fraud?

Answers

4
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Don't simply rely on online information, consider consulting with an attorney....
Ralph Windsc…, Agent, Hauppauge, NY
Sat Oct 13, 2012
When someone takes out a mortgage or some form of equity loan on a property, that obligation usually remains as a lien on the property, and not with the person who took out the loan. So, indeed, it may be a valid obligation. You should speak with an attorney but you can get infomation on liens posted on your property by going to the County Clerk's office in Riverhead. Good luck and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me.
De Vonte Wil…, Agent, East Point, GA
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Hey John. Are you sure the letter was sent from Chase? I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney as Tom also suggested. I don't think we can answer your question, given the information provided.

If you need an attorney, I would be happy to forward my suggested attorney over to you. Just send me an e-mail.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
Thomas Brady, Agent, Plainview, NY
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Hi John. You need to consult an attorney. No-one here can advise you on this.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
#1 Listing & Selling Brokerage in NY
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803