reneelee59, Home Buyer in El Cajon, CA

Can you tell me how many homes have sold in this park in the last couple of years?

Asked by reneelee59, El Cajon, CA Wed Nov 21, 2012

I am interested in purchasing a manufactured home in Terrace View Mobile Home Park.

Answers

8
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Nov 23, 2012
Hi Renee,

One thing we can tell you about the mobile home market is that it is a specialized market and you would be wise to for with John Arendsen below as he has a very good working knowledge of that market segment.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
858-761-5233
mark.kari@shea-realestate.com
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
infoservinc, , El Cajon, CA
Fri Nov 21, 2014
Terrace View is owned by a group of Lawyers. They impose a huge amount of space rent. Stay away from this park.
wavesinsandi…, Home Owner, El Cajon, CA
Thu Jun 5, 2014
many for sale no one buying this place is a big problem not to mention super high space rents and delapidated utilitys,they are unwilling to help with anything except taking your money
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
I would definitely recommend heeding the advice of Aglmalt. If what he has offered up you would be wise to avoid this park/community. The first thing you should do id drive through any park you are interested in and count the number of empty spaces and pre HUD homes (built before June 15, 1976).
Philip Cabral, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Contact a realtor in that area and he can generate a report of how many homes sold in that area the past 10 years. I would give you the report but only a realtor with a membership to that areas association can generate that report for you.

aglmalt, Home Owner, El Cajon, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Dont buy any Mobile in in Terrace View, Super High space rent and banks will not loan on any home in here. Plus the park is 50% empty due to the space rent!!!!!! Look up Tatum and Kaplan who hold the land lease. RUN FROM THIS PARK!!!
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Thu Nov 22, 2012
You really should start with the park manager. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rental park

Be sure to have the home thoroughly inspected by an experienced MH inspector and not just any home inspector as there are several nuances with MHs that you don't have in a conventional site-built home and most home inspectors not familiar with these nuances will not even know what to look for.

Make sure the inspector crawls under the home and thoroughly inspects each and every pier and pad assembly for rust, deterioration and decomposition if steel and for decompsition if concrete as homes that close to the ocean can be severely impacted by salt.

They should also make sure the home is level by checking all the doors and windows to make sure that they are not swinging or sticking and that all the strike plates on the doors are properly aligned and the doors close soundly.

The inspector should also inspect the steel mainframe for rust and decomposition as well. I can't tell you how many mainframes we've had to repair that were suffering and in some cases even failing from rust and deterioration related issues.

Be sure and have the inspector check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier under the floor. If there are openings in this membrane it could allow the insulation under the floor to become compromised and even fall on the ground.

Openings in the vapor barrier are also a great place for rodents and cats to habitate and reproduce. We've eradicated countless critters from these cavities over the years and it's not a very pleasant experience.

Finally and very importantly make sure the home has a state Housing and Coummunity Development Department (HCD) certified earthquake resistant bracing system (ERBS) as this area is classified as a Zone 4 earthquake area.

We are a California licensed and experienced manufacured home and general contractor and manufactured home dealer, developer and real estate brokerage with decades of experience in the MH industry.

We cover the entire San Diego market and would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about purchasing a MH at no charge as long as we can do it on this forum. Or you can email us at onthelevel@cox.net. Or feel free to call me on my cell at 760 815-6977.

Please feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
http://www.mh-processing.com http://www.tagrealestatesales.com http://www.chadofalltrades.com http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com
Matilda Fusco, Agent, La Mesa, CA
Wed Nov 21, 2012
As far as I can tell there has been a total of 14 manufactured homes sold in Terracve View Mobilehome Park in the past 3 years; 5 sold in 2010, 6 sold in 2011 andf 3 have sold so far this year.

If you would like more information, please contact me and I will send you listings of mobilehomes for sale.

Matilda Fusco
Are you kidding me....who in their right mind would buy in this park....check out pending litagations here...
Flag Thu Jun 5, 2014