Can you tell me about beach clubs in Marblehead? If a house lists "in Ocean Park beach club", what does that mean if house is not a shore

Asked by kath2ran, Marblehead, MA Thu Feb 21, 2013

front house?

Answers

3
Heath Coker’s answer
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Hi Kath2ran

You could always look up the deed and see if they have specific rights to an association or beach area.

Of course choosing a local real estate pro can help you save a lot of time.
(Not me, I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro when you are ready.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Sugarmagnolia, Home Buyer, Massachusetts
Mon Jun 24, 2013
No "beach clubs" in MHead....OPCL is a neighborhood, and if you buy there and join the Ocean Park Civic League, you pay like $40/year to use the private dock and beach. If it's not right on the water, it means you have to walk, but we're talking only a minute or two. There are several of these neighborhoods, pretty good deal.
Ocean Park Civic League in Marblehead was a development of summer cottages with access to Salem Harbor in 1927. Only 7 houses are on the direct waterfront, but simply by buying a house, you have (walking) access to the water. If you want to use the pier, you have to join the OPCL ~$100/year which mostly pays for liability insurance for the pier. OPCL also hosts 5 or 6 neighborhood events throughout the year. Docking a dingy at the pier or a kayak on the rack is another $75. Mooring space and fees are controlled by the town
Flag Fri Dec 1, 2017
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
You should call the realtor who has the property listed for more info.