Can you still buy a house on the contentedly of the sale of your home.?

Asked by Wiss407, Fort Walton Beach, FL Sun Dec 8, 2013

I have a house that is paid for. Can you do a contract on another house to buy after your home is sold.

Answers

3
Peter Mohyls…, Agent, Destin, FL
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Yes is the answer to your question. If I understand your situation, you own a home outright and want to buy before you sell. This is do-able but the seller might not consider your offer as being particularly strong. The seller will want assurance his property will close in a timely manner. Approx 10-20% of homes in today's market do not close for a variety of reasons.
Peter Mohylsky
Keller Williams
850-517-7098
Tom McAuliffe, Agent, Fort Walton Beach, FL
Mon Dec 9, 2013
Sure can!
Its a great time to buy and sell here in the Fort Walton Beach area. Feel free to give me a call and we can sit down at our new offices on Racetrack Road by the high School and discuss your needs. Or send me an email and I will send you the latest local real estate sales report for the Emerald Coast.

At Your Service,

Tom @ Keller Williams

Tom & Sharon McAuliffe, GRI, CMHS
REALTORs
Next Stop Paradise 
(A Keller Williams Realty Affiliate)
Toll free: 888-332-5553
Fax: 850-654-2959
eMail: tomsells@nextstopparadise.com
http://www.NextStopParadise.com
http://www.facebook.com/nextstopparadise
Jim Olive, Agent, Key West, FL
Sun Dec 8, 2013
I think you meant "contingency", and YES you can. It scares some people away, because if you don't sell your home, you won't be buying theirs, and they may have taken theirs off the market for nothing, which translates to time wasted. If you do such a thing, and you really want to buy the new house, be prepared to do whatever it takes to sell your home quickly.