Can you sell a property without the permission of the co-owner in Philadelphia PA?

Asked by Anthony Ragsdale, Philadelphia, PA Mon Nov 4, 2013

My mother inherited a lot to a property from her husband. The lot is connected to another lot on which the home of my stepdads first wife lived. My stepdad is deceased and his daughter who occupied the home is deceased as well. His daughter inheritied the house via JTWROS, but the lot on the back of it belongs to my mother. The home is now on the market for sale and a relative of my stepdad wants my mother to sign off the rights of the connected lot, which she inherited, so that he can sell it.

Answers

3
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Mon Nov 4, 2013
No. Most likely cannot in any state, not just Philadelphia. They may be able to sell their interest in the property depending on how deeded. Consult with a real estate attorney. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Eric Axelson
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Answer is no you can not My question is does the lot have it's own Tax ID number? When you find this out call me in my office and I'll advise you farther at no charge till we sign a employment agreement.215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
215-725-5700X49 cell 267-934-1971
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference:  http://www.GreatPaRE.com
, ,
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Anthony,

Mom owns the lot. It is hers. If you are asking if the stepdad can sell her lot the answer is NO.
However if one of the properties is landlocked they can request an easement or right of access to it. All has to be done thru the courts.

If you need a good Real Estate attorney drop me a line

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010 & 2012
NMLS ID 143960