Can you rent to own or lease to purchase homes that are for sale? and if you can are there any in Smithville, TN?

Asked by Takeisha Mccormick, 37166 Thu Dec 23, 2010

Answers

6
cjapan123, Home Seller, Smithville, TN
Thu Apr 11, 2013
My cabin is now for sale at 234 Bruer Drive, Smithville, TN. I am asking for $60,000.00. I just lowered the price. Please call Stevens Realty in Cookeville, TN.
cjapan123, Home Seller, Smithville, TN
Thu Feb 7, 2013
I have a wood cabin in Smithville, Tn. 234 Bruer Drive. I will be willing to lease with option to buy. However I believe that it is rented at this time. Please call Stevens Realty in Cookeville, Tn. They are the ones who are taking care of it for me.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Dec 24, 2010
Your best bet is to find a buyer broker who can assist you in finding a home wherethe seller will lease purchase it. Most lease purchase are not advertised as lease purchase, but sellers who have not been able to sell their homes and have to move.

Please see my blog for tips and advice on how to lease purchase a home.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Dec 24, 2010
Much would depend on the seller and the immediacy for a sale....consider working with an agent of your own, he/she can best inform you--keep in mind that rent to own scenarios could have many pitfalls, therefore inform yourself well beforehand, and do consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate in order an make an informed decision when the time arrives...
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Fri Dec 24, 2010
The answer is that you might be able to find an owner willing to allow you to rent to own, but you will have to look long and hard to find one. The number of homes where an owner is not wanting to sell now and take his cash with him to buy another house will be small. Most people sell to move or move up or scale down but they sell in order to buy another home. You will be looking for a seller not having to move or get any money for the house he has for sale and hoping he does not mind waiting a year or more to sell and hoping that you will actually buy the house, in other words looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. Good luck in the search.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Fri Dec 24, 2010
Takeisha,
In many cases you can, but not all. Find a local agent to represent you and discuss what you are looking for. As an agent, we have more search filters than pubic real estate sites. Some sellers are very open to Lease option purchases and an agent can likely search these out for you and help negotiate good terms.